Sign in to follow this  
lsdvs

Warning - Spyware threat has been detected on your PC

My laptop seems to be infected with spyware. I get a blue screen with yellow text that reads "Warning - Spyware threat has been detected on your PC". I also cannot get on the internet and my Task manager has been disabled. I do have another computer at home through which I can access the internet. Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by dvs

Looks like you've been hit by a major virus or trojan. You'll have to format the HD and do a complete reinstallation of the Operating System and utilities. This is the only way to remedy this problem. The program that I use for having to clean the HD, get a copy of Wipe Drive.

Best of Luck

My laptop seems to be infected with spyware. I get a blue screen with yellow text that reads "Warning - Spyware threat has been detected on your PC". I also cannot get on the internet and my Task manager has been disabled. I do have another computer at home through which I can access the internet. Any help will be appreciated.

Looks like you've been hit by a major virus or trojan. You'll have to format the HD and do a complete reinstallation of the Operating System and utilities. This is the only way to remedy this problem. The program that I use for having to clean the HD, get a copy of Wipe Drive.

Best of Luck

Thanks for your suggesstion. I was hoping to maybe post the HjT log and hopefully someone can suggest a fix other than a complete wiping the disk/reformatting.

Sign in to follow this