• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scaddenp

adaware wont start at all

2 posts in this topic

Install Adaware 2007, Free version, but when I double-click the icon all that happens is hourglass showing for around 30secs, disk spins and ... nothing.

Tried double-clicking the executable in the folder. Same result. Check event log, nothing. Service is started. This is on Windows XP, fully patched.

As an aside, put adaware 2007 on because the SE version stopped updating. When you do connect, it does the connect, retrieving update, gets to 5% and says "error retrieving update". Every time. Manually downloading and installing the DEF file works. (And adaware SE only finds tracking cookies).

Install Adaware 2007, Free version, but when I double-click the icon all that happens is hourglass showing for around 30secs, disk spins and ... nothing.

Tried double-clicking the executable in the folder. Same result. Check event log, nothing. Service is started. This is on Windows XP, fully patched.

As an aside, put adaware 2007 on because the SE version stopped updating. When you do connect, it does the connect, retrieving update, gets to 5% and says "error retrieving update". Every time. Manually downloading and installing the DEF file works. (And adaware SE only finds tracking cookies).

I'm having exactly the same situation. Any news on that subject?

Best rgds,

--Geert

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0