Sign in to follow this  
Jimmbore

Uninstal error 1316 AdAware 2007

Hi all.

I try to uninstall AdAware 2007 using the uninstall program provided by Lavasoft, but it sends a message: "Error 1316: A Network error ocurred whiel attemping to read from the file: C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\WISDED53B0BB67C4244AE6AD6FD3C28D1EF_7_0_2_3.MSI"

I went to Control Panel to try to uninstall the program from there but Lavasoft o AdAware are not listed on the programs that could be removed :) . What do i need to do? I want to uninstall the software becasue i want to install the 2008 Beta version.

Thanks in advance for your help. ;)

I have the same problem and I think it's up to LAVASOFT to help us rather than leaving us in a forum to fend for ourselves.

All I can find online for this is to purchase a registry cleaner, as if the two I already have don't do the trick.

I cannot uninstall Adaware 2007, I have had to several times previously, and reinstall. This time, it's now still in the Programs list, but since it has been partially uninstalled, I can't even run it.

Whatever the problem is, it has also effected the older version of Adaware, which will now not update, nor uninstall.

I want to uninstall and reinstall BOTH.

Would somebody, preferably at LAVASOFT, please assist us?

Thanks!

Have you tried manually?

Please try this before you attempt a manual install. Re-install Aaw2007 over the top of your existing aaw.

This way it will replace any missing installer files.

You can, hopefully, then uninstall the program.

Then install 2008 (which is no longer in beta) from here: http://lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/produ...rison_chart.php

Hope this works, let me know how you get on.

Dear Jimmbore,

Are you still having problems with this issue?

Hi all!

I had the same problem when I tried to uninstall ad-aware 2007 to update to 2008. It was impossible, it seemed a plague :)

Finally I solved it with Revo uninstaller, and I decided not to install the new "ad-bad". Definitively it doesn't worth,

bye bye ad-aware. And I agree with Bunkerspitze, "thanks" lavasoft for your great "support".

Ciao

Hi all.

I tried to reinstall AA 2007 but it showed me the message that i need to unistall any previous version.

:)

How can i do that if i can't unistall anything?

The problem remains.

I'll be waiting for more options. Thanks in advance.

Hi Jimmbore,

are you still in problems? When I was unable to uninstall I tried to reinstall too but the problem continued.

After uninstalling with Revo uninstaller (I suppose there will be a lot like this) , it seems clean, I opened the installation of 2008 to prove, as I said I didn't install but it ran.

Sorry, it's the only solution I found, I hope you'll be out of this soon! :)

The problem is at some time a program was ran like CCleaner and it took away the uninstaller. For what ever reaon these programs look at the uninstaller as an unnecessary item and deletes them. I agree with Casey install either 2008 or 2007 adaware over your current program. The uninstaller in it should uninstall your old version,if 2008 doesnt work try 2007 adaware.

As for Revo, before you try a very powerful program like that try the above first. Revo if not used properly and with care can cause as many problems and more as the program that deleted the uninstaller.

Adaware 2008 is great program and has worked for millions of users without problems. It is only a few that are experiencing problems and that generally because of of a conflict with another program or programs that have made changes to the sytem like I mentioned above.

It is very important to keep a backup of your sytem before trying any program. At the very least make a restore point to revert back to.

I am sorry yall are having problems and I hope this helps.

I spent hours trying the different solutions listed. In the end, it took a few minutes to fix by going to Add/Remove Programs, choosing Change and then Repair. Once the 2007 version was fixed, 2008 downloaded without issues.

Sign in to follow this