Sign in to follow this  
hbman

Programing a scheduled scan using Windows Task Scheduler

Hi. I can't use the Windows Task Scheduler to program a scheduled scan. My goal is to have the following tasks occur at 2:00am every day. 1) Ad-aware automactically check for updates, and 2) Ad-aware performs a full scan.

I went to the Ad-aware help program. And I have tried using the command line parameters listed under the "Command Line Parameters" section of the Indexed help menu.

I am using Windows XP SP3

In the windows task scheduler, in the "task" tab, I entered the following command on the line that says "Run"

ad-aware.exe\update + full

However, nothing happens when the task scheduler attempts to execute the task. Ad-aware doesn't open, and Ad-aware doesn't scan my computer either.

It should be noted that the help section of ad-aware says to put a forward slash (/) before the word update.

The help section states the command line should read

ad-aware.exe/update + full

However, my windows task scheduler will not allow me to place a forward slash in this location. My windows task scheduler automatically changes this forward slash (/) to a back slash (\) as soon as I click "apply." I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with the problem.

One of the main reasons I purchased ad-aware Plus is because I am supposed to be able to schedule scans. However, so far I have not been able to sucessfully schedule a scan.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

hbman

Hello hbman.

To get this to work, you must surround the entire command with speech marks, but make sure the slashes are outside, otherwise windows may try to interprete the forward slash as something to do with paths and convert it to a backslash.

ex: "%programfiles%\lavasoft\ad-aware SE professional\ad-aware.exe" /full +nodefnotice +update

More on this problem can be found here

Hope this solves your problem

Best Regards

//Steve

Sign in to follow this