Sign in to follow this  
bratboy1

not sure if a bug or not

With 2007 it always pulled up a list of all my cookies in the scan results so I could select advert cookies to delete and a list of my MRU's but now with 2008 plus it never shows any of them. Is this a bug or a change from 2007? The scan seems to go okay so Im just wondering

With 2007 it always pulled up a list of all my cookies in the scan results so I could select advert cookies to delete and a list of my MRU's but now with 2008 plus it never shows any of them. Is this a bug or a change from 2007? The scan seems to go okay so Im just wondering

It's working fine. Look in your settings under *scanning options* and make sure you have cookies and MRUs green checkmarked to scan for them?

(I have MRU's turned off since I want to keep those)

post-65-1211488320.gif

It's working fine. Look in your settings under *scanning options* and make sure you have cookies and MRUs green checkmarked to scan for them?

(I have MRU's turned off since I want to keep those)

post-65-1211488320.gif

Yes I have them both selected but like I said with 2007 after the scan I was presented with a list of all my cookies and could choose to quarentine or delete ones that wwere like say [email protected][1] etc with 2008 its not showing me any at all when I do a Smartscan. Then again in 2007 it was always calling the coookies infections and with 2008 it doesnt flag them that way which is why I was wondering

Actually seems I have 3 cookie folders one under my user settings one in the root of Documents and setting and one in Admin. Only the one in root actually contains cookies so Im wondering if its scanning the wrong cookies folder

Edited by Bratboy

I'm pretty sure Ad-Aware 2008 handles cookies the same way it did in the 2007 version. If any are found they are listed under the *Privacy Objects* tab at the end of the scan. That is only the cookies in detection of course (tracking cookies, data miners)

The log file will show you the location found.

post-65-1211574455.gif

It doesn't have the option to quarantine privacy objects. You can either ignore or remove items found.