Sign in to follow this  
bratboy1

Any way to change where 2008 looks for cookies

Okay I think ive sort of figured out at least part of my not finding cookies with 2008. My cookies folder that contains files is located at C:\Documents and Settings\Cookies instead of C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies. This wasnt a problem with Adaware 2007 which found them np. Unfortunatly 2008 doesnt seem to look anywhere but C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies which is empty. Is there some way to tell it to look in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies for cookies?

EDIT

Arrg, just when I think Ive figured out the issue I find more cookies. Seems there are cookies also stored in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files. Cookies in that folder some are marked as last accessed today as well as cookies in C:\Documents and Settings\Cookies which also show as last accessed today as well. Its driving me dinggy hehe

Edited by Bratboy

Okay I think ive sort of figured out at least part of my not finding cookies with 2008. My cookies folder that contains files is located at C:\Documents and Settings\Cookies instead of C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies. This wasnt a problem with Adaware 2007 which found them np. Unfortunatly 2008 doesnt seem to look anywhere but C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies which is empty. Is there some way to tell it to look in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies for cookies?

Ad-Aware is using the registry to find where cookies are stored, so this should find all users cookies on the computer. But I'm looking to this matter. If you have any more information, please submit them on this forum

Arrg, just when I think Ive figured out the issue I find more cookies. Seems there are cookies also stored in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files. Cookies in that folder some are marked as last accessed today as well as cookies in C:\Documents and Settings\Cookies which also show as last accessed today as well. Its driving me dinggy hehe

These cookies are just software links to the ccokies in the cookies directory. And this directory will not be scanned by Ad-Aware cookie scanner.

/den Gode

Great, glad that resolved it for you :)

I'll go ahead and move this topic to the *Resolved* section (read only)

If you should have any further issues, please feel free to start a new topic