Sign in to follow this  
jhc37013

Scan freeze also..what now

So I'm having the same scan freeze problem like many here,I'm using 2008 Plus and can't finish a full or smart scan.I've tried everything suggested in these forums so what now?I had no problems with 2007 Plus.

• Like 1

I disabled the Av in the adaware itself and it still freeze's up during scan.During full scan it seems to freeze up at Data\lavasoft\ad-aware2007\update\new\lang......as for the smart scan it always freeze's in the C:\windows\cursors\....or somewhere near that

Ok next try...

pls read my post in >> http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...ost&p=76845 <<

If it works, try to set to 30.000, to be on a safer side.

Cheers

Raziel ;)

@ Raziel v. Nosgoth

I was following your instructions given at http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...ost&p=76845

However it still leads to the same result - aborted Scan showing "Unhandled Exception Error" as already reported by me and others in Forum Threads.

Regards

mx-5driver

Ok good news,bad news...Bad news is i set the scanning size to 30kb and it still froze up on me at about 9min. into the scan at \Allusers\application Data\lavasoft\license\adaware.da2 .....Also when it freeze's the only way to stop adaware is the kill process using Task manager,and after that I can't re-scan or update I get an "error Core Busy" message so I have to restart computer to scan again.Good news is this time around when I opened adaware I got a couple new upates.public\aaw2008\aawserviceexe and \2008\ceapidll so it went a couple mins. longer before freezing this time,not sure if that had anything to to with it.

Yes, we had an update released last night that should have fixed the freezing problems.

If you did get the latest updates, is the scan no longer freezing for you?

Please check using webupdate to see if any new updates for Ad-Aware 2008 are available.

Yes, we had an update released last night that should have fixed the freezing problems.

If you did get the latest updates, is the scan no longer freezing for you?

Please check using webupdate to see if any new updates for Ad-Aware 2008 are available.

My "freezing problems" (in 2 PCs) still remains even after today's updates.

My comments for 2008 version? = I see for one more time the same stories as with Ad-Aware 2007 early versions.

@ op57 - Thanks for reporting back. That's the first report then of still freezing after the update. You might need to start your own topic for troubleshooting. Different systems and different versions have different problems and/or solutions

@ jhc37013 If you are still having freezing problems after the update, could you please use the Support Center to file a tech support request.

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

They will help you troubleshoot the problem one-on-one via email (the Support Dept has extra staff and extended hours during this entire week of the launch of 2008) so you should get a reply within no more than 24 hours, maybe sooner.

You might want to include the URL to this topic so they can see what we have already tried.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought you were the original topic starter.

However, since you are a Plus user it's best to use the official customer support that comes with your subscription.

Same problem here, AD-Aware freezes during a scan... :D

I use the newest version and the newest update definitions....

It's better to uninstall this crappy product(ver: 2008) for the time being, and wait for the developers to fix it properly.

I iinstalled latest update and program still freezes when scan hits "Windows/cursors"... cannot shutdown "aawservice" in task manager so a reboot is required to relaunch Adaware.

It's better to uninstall this crappy product(ver: 2008) for the time being, and wait for the developers to fix it properly.

I suppose so ...

Also I think that we will never see again the same quality as Ad-Aware SE Personal. B)

Also I think that we will never see again the same quality as Ad-Aware SE Personal. B)

I honestly hope this is not the case. I miss the simplicity of the original program.

Its always the Cursors in smart scan,I don't know im frutsrated with it.

Hello!

We are working on a solution for this scan freeze problem.

/Andreas

Development Leader

Same problem here, AD-Aware freezes during a scan... :D

I use the newest version and the newest update definitions....

What a feeling: German language! But:The Scanner freezes! :) I have uninstall this final(beta)version today!! ;)

Edited by Viking

Hello,

what's new about it ?

For the moment I have removed ad-aware 2008 and stay on stand-by.

But I do not intend to wait for weeks.

Hello,

what's new about it ?

For the moment I have removed ad-aware 2008 and stay on stand-by.

But I do not intend to wait for weeks.

We are currently testing the fix for the freezing problem internally.

If everything goes well we will have updates ready for tomorrow (29 may)

/Andreas

Today I uninstalled and reinstalled, using the same 2008 exe that I had used yesterday with today's update. Installation and updates went fine. Tried the smart scan twice, froze at the same place, 54k, an .idc file.

Looking forward to a working program soon!

Jane

I contacted tech support last night late since I have Plus and do pay for it.They say they'll contact within 24hrs. but havnt maybe there's nothing they can tell me right now.But if 2008 is gonna freeze up like this and its gonna take awhile for them to figure it out,there should be a way to switch back to 2007 Plus.Maybe I have overlooked the download somewhere for paid members,I don't know.

Sign in to follow this