Sign in to follow this  
jhc37013

Scan freeze also..what now

Hip Hip HURAY....I opened adaware 2008 today and got 13 new updates and was able to do a full and smart scan with no freezing.Thanks everyone who replied to my post and tried to help,glad Lavasoft got this fixed.

Hi

I am one of the silent thousands awaiting a solution on this one.

Same problem with Ad Aware 2007 Free stopping mid scan when on full scan around 101000 objects.

Installed AdAware 2008 7.1.0.10 with same problem. (Never had this in SE over umpteen years on W98SE.)

Hope the following helps to lead to a solution. System new instal WinXP Pro SP2 with latest updates (excl SP3).

Only programs installed: Zone Alarm 7.0.462.000, Spybot 1.5, & Firefox 2.0.0.14. Thunderbird had been in but was uninstalled.

Hope this narrows it down. None of the forum suggestions such as omitting files above a certain size and reducing the value have worked.

Scan passed Registry and Hosts and was Scanning Files. Once it stopped at an empty folder in System32\appmgmt, and another when Scanning Files with no entry given.

Sparky08

(First time, not sure if this will go where it should)

I am a returning user of Ad-Aware-I used to have Ad-Aware SE and loved it. Now I seem to be having the same problem as others on this board.

My Ad-Aware 2008 (I got the latest updates) keeps freezing up or somehow getting locked up as soon as it hits a certain item in my registry:

Item number: 1691

CLSID\{FC5B8A24-DB05-4A01-8388-22EDF6C2BBBA}\

Item name: InprocServer32

Elapsed time: Approximately 11 minutes

As soon as it reaches this point, the thing just stops. The timer keeps ticking away, but the item and the location never changes, and the display just stays there on my screen for up to 1 hour before I decided enough was enough and had to shut down the program via Task Manager

Could someone please let me know why this is happening?

Relieved to hear this has happened to others. My scan freezes at Scanning Folders (conditional). It stops at Definitions file 0096.0000, Totoal Objects 183280, 82 infections found with a scan of 4 hours. I have ran 5 scans since 8:00

AM this morning and have had the same result every time. It is very frustrating and time consuming.

Mine has frozen again today too after several successful full scans after what I considered to have fixed it. Stuck at the very same definition file as above.

Latest update def file is 0098. Please update to latest definitions at all times.

Edited by Pierre67
Typo.

Just completed a full scan whoo hooo.

Lets hope thats the end of the freezing!!

Sign in to follow this