• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vikjon

spybot search & destroy

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Is there any way I can stop ad-watch from interfering with my spybot search and destroy program? ;)

The 2007 version was fine, but the 2008 plus isn't compatible.

Thanks

Hi viks :D

try this...

open Ad-Watch and disable the extended anti-virus engine.

Let us know how it works for you.

Cheers

Raziel ;)

Hi viks :D

try this...

open Ad-Watch and disable the extended anti-virus engine.

Let us know how it works for you.

Cheers

Raziel :D

How do I disable the extended anti-virus engine?

Hey guys,

Is there any way I can stop ad-watch from interfering with my spybot search and destroy program? :D

The 2007 version was fine, but the 2008 plus isn't compatible.

Thanks

Hi Viks,

Which bit of your S&D is being interfered with...?

I'm going to guess at the "Tea Timer" - it's a function of S&D that I don't use, and at the moment, AAW 2008 and S&D live quite happily together on my PC.

BTW, in line with Raziel's post, I don't run AAW 2008 with the extended anti-virus engine switched on, as I already use AVG as an anti-virus service.

Hi viks,

I am using Spybot S & D, with the resident tea timer running and I have not seen any interference from or with Adaware, even with the extended anti virus engine running. Both programs seem to co-exist well on my computer with no compatability problems. What issues are you seeing with spybot? :)

Is TeaTimer and/or Spybot blocked in the Adwatch Trusted Programs list - they should both be allowed.

Hi Viks,

Which bit of your S&D is being interfered with...?

I'm going to guess at the "Tea Timer" - it's a function of S&D that I don't use, and at the moment, AAW 2008 and S&D live quite happily together on my PC.

BTW, in line with Raziel's post, I don't run AAW 2008 with the extended anti-virus engine switched on, as I already use AVG as an anti-virus service.

Good point Urbane.Tiger,

Spybot and Teatimer should be Allowed on the RegShield trusted programs list :)

post-57950-1213068797.jpg

Edited by lynz

my pleasure

BTW - is Pedigree Explorer an InfoHesive "object" (same icon) - I just installed it, if it is InfoHesive would you be interested in sharing your experience

--

TUT

Good point Urbane.Tiger,

Spybot and Teatimer should be Allowed on the RegShield trusted programs list ^_^

Urbane.Tiger

I am not really sure what an infohesive object is, sorry ;)

Pedigree Explorer is a database program for keeping track of pedigree animal breeding. It links the animals that are entered into the database to their ancestors and descendants and generates customized pedigrees (and other forms) based on info in the data base. It also calculates things like inbreeding co-effecients, relationship co-effecients and keeps track of show, breeding and medical records. It has the capablitity to upload the database directly to an online web server(world pedigrees) that allows people to enter a search string and find pedigree info on the animal they are looking for. Excellent for anyone who is into line chasing.

Are you using Breedmate/ PedX? If so, I think you will like working with it, I have used it for 5 or 6 years to maintain a database of 20,000+ cats and manage my breeding program. It is one of the better pedigree software programs I have run. It is easy to use, intuitive, can convert data from other programs, has 40 or more user defined fields and the support is great. PM me if you want more information, I'd be happy to tell you anything you want to know :D

Edited by lynz

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0