Sign in to follow this  
i9markos

Can't install AAW2008 and can't uninstall AAW2007

Isaiah,

To post your log file and screen shot make sure you click on the Add Reply button, not Fast Reply. At the bottom of the reply box it says Manage Current Attachments and below that are browse and upload buttons. Click the browse button and find the 1st file you want to attach to your post on your computer. When you have located it, click on it and the file name will show up in the box to the left of the browse button. Once you see it there,click upload and the file will be attached to your post. Repeat this for each file or image you want to attach and when you are done click the add reply button (it is beside the Preview Post button) and your files will be attached.

I hope that helps :)

edit-Good stuff, I see you were able to figure out how to post an attachment, disregard my post :D

Edited by lynz

Isaiah,

To post your log file and screen shot make sure you click on the Add Reply button, not Fast Reply. At the bottom of the reply box it says Manage Current Attachments and below that are browse and upload buttons. Click the browse button and find the 1st file you want to attach to your post on your computer. When you have located it, click on it and the file name will show up in the box to the left of the browse button. Once you see it there,click upload and the file will be attached to your post. Repeat this for each file or image you want to attach and when you are done click the add reply button (it is beside the Preview Post button) and your files will be attached.

I hope that helps :)

edit-Good stuff, I see you were able to figure out how to post an attachment, disregard my post :D

Lynz,

I have read some suggestions that you have posted for others on here. Do you think what you posted will work for my situation as well?

Thanks

Isaiah

I don't know Isaiah. It may work for you , it certainly can't hurt to try anything that you haven't already done. Give me some time to re-read this whole thread and take a look at your log file, I'll get back to you if I can think of anything else. In the meantime, go ahead and try some of the suggestions I posted in other threads and please let me know if anything does the trick :)

Txnnok,

I downloaded the new installer that you recommended. I restarted my CPU, and then I tried to run the uninstaller for AAW2007 and the same error message came up again and the uninstallation rolled back. I also shut down the aawservice.exe in task manager before I tried to uninstall it. Should I also be shuting down my anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall on the uninstallation too? If so how do I do that? I have Zonealarm, AVG 7.5 free and Spysweeper. All of them are updated to there newest current files, except AVG 7.5 because I am having some trouble with updating to the new AVG free 8.0 as well. But I won't get into that in here.

Luckly, I have the AAW2007 install file saved on a flash drive and then I just re-installed it again. Everything looked good at first but now I get another error message when I try to do an update. I says something like SSL webupdate failed....solution run webupdate. I don't know how to fix that either. I have a log file, and a jpeg of the error messages. I will upload them if it works.

Thanks for the help.

Isaiah

This is crucial!!

Are you shutting down Zonealarm, AVG 7.5 free and Spysweeper before you download adaware 2007 or 2008? Also are you leaving them shutdown while you install Adaware?

Zone alarm is absolutely known for interfering with the install. Zonealarm's engine is from Kaspersky and is known to intefere with the install process.

I believe some people have had avg intefere.

As for spysweeper

Highlights of the New 5.5 Release of

Webroot Spy Sweeper

Inbound and Outbound Email Attachment Scanning

Safely send and receive documents via email. Webroot Spy Sweeper will scan inbound and outbound email attachments and automatically quarantine any documents or files containing harmful malware threats.

Enhanced Real-time Threat Protection Capabilities

Operate your computer with increased confidence. Webroot Spy Sweeper provides advanced real-time threat protection that monitors system behavior and proactively blocks any activity that may be damaging to your computer or put you at risk. Powerful on-read, on-write, and on-execute shields help keep you safe from potentially unwanted programs.

Enhanced Rootkit Discovery Methods

Malicious spyware uses rootkit technology to bury its files deep within your PC. Webroot Spy Sweeper finds and destroys these programs with robust rootkit discovery methods, a feature many other antispyware programs lack

The description in this program is exactly why we ask you to shut them down. These programs can stop adaware from updating also. Shut them all down at the same time and keep all of them down and then try to update. If it starts to update try an uninstall again.

The point is with any of these turned on it can corrupt the download.

Here in a few days I will be posting a guide in all the forums, it will be much clearer and layed out in a step by step procedure. It will also explain why we ask the things we do.

This is crucial!!

Are you shutting down Zonealarm, AVG 7.5 free and Spysweeper before you download adaware 2007 or 2008? Also are you leaving them shutdown while you install Adaware?

Zone alarm is absolutely known for interfering with the install. Zonealarm's engine is from Kaspersky and is known to intefere with the install process.

I believe some people have had avg intefere.

As for spysweeper

Highlights of the New 5.5 Release of

Webroot Spy Sweeper

Inbound and Outbound Email Attachment Scanning

Safely send and receive documents via email. Webroot Spy Sweeper will scan inbound and outbound email attachments and automatically quarantine any documents or files containing harmful malware threats.

Enhanced Real-time Threat Protection Capabilities

Operate your computer with increased confidence. Webroot Spy Sweeper provides advanced real-time threat protection that monitors system behavior and proactively blocks any activity that may be damaging to your computer or put you at risk. Powerful on-read, on-write, and on-execute shields help keep you safe from potentially unwanted programs.

Enhanced Rootkit Discovery Methods

Malicious spyware uses rootkit technology to bury its files deep within your PC. Webroot Spy Sweeper finds and destroys these programs with robust rootkit discovery methods, a feature many other antispyware programs lack

The description in this program is exactly why we ask you to shut them down. These programs can stop adaware from updating also. Shut them all down at the same time and keep all of them down and then try to update. If it starts to update try an uninstall again.

The point is with any of these turned on it can corrupt the download.

Here in a few days I will be posting a guide in all the forums, it will be much clearer and layed out in a step by step procedure. It will also explain why we ask the things we do.

Txnnok,

I will try what you ask. I will wait for your step by step instructions first. It's not that I don't want to shut them down. I don't know how to shut them all down. I think I can shut down, ZA and Spysweeper but I don't know how to shut down AVG. If you do, I will do it. I will do a fresh download once these programs are shut down and install them while they are shut down, like you ask. I will report back when I have reviewed your step by step and let you know what happened. Thanks

I am glad you posted that part about being unsure how to shut stuff down. I think I will add this to the guide. I never thought of that.

I using bitdefender total security right now and if you think Norton is rough to use. BD makes Norton look like a cake walk. I've used both,been a couple of years for norton though.

While your waiting, go ahead and run those programs and get a look at them maybe read the help files. It's worth the time the more you understand them and utilize their full protection.

The guide is pretty much done it's in the editing stages right now. So it shouldnt be to much longer.

I am glad you posted that part about being unsure how to shut stuff down. I think I will add this to the guide. I never thought of that.

I using bitdefender total security right now and if you think Norton is rough to use. BD makes Norton look like a cake walk. I've used both,been a couple of years for norton though.

While your waiting, go ahead and run those programs and get a look at them maybe read the help files. It's worth the time the more you understand them and utilize their full protection.

The guide is pretty much done it's in the editing stages right now. So it shouldnt be to much longer.

Txnnok,

I was able to shut all programs down, but still no luck. Same error message comes up and the uninstallation rolls back again. I was able to do a clean install again and everything seems to be working ok with 2007 now. I did try to install 2008 like you said and I got the same message that I got when trying to uninstall 2007. I will attach the log file. If you can think of anything else let me know. I am starting to wonder if I have a virus or something. I wouldn't think so because, why would a virus not allow me to uninstall an anti-spyware program. Thanks

I spent hours trying the different solutions listed. In the end, it took a few minutes to fix by going to Add/Remove Programs, choosing Change and then Repair. Once the 2007 version was fixed, 2008 downloaded without issues.

Sign in to follow this