• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
nathancase11@hotmail.com

Scheduled Scan

I ran a scheduled scan and recieved no feedback from ad-aware - no results posted to me nor when I next opended did a results page open. Hmm...

Nor, by the way could I find a log of the scan...

The I decided because of this I would immediately run a smart scan just to check. The smart can picked up 42 tracking cookies. With the smart scan I did find a log (attached incase anyone wants it).

I would report to Support Centre but at the moment I can't because I can't log-in.

Ad_Aware_20080525_13_44_16.log

Ad-aware 2008 is still buggy cos they just released it.

You have to accept that.

Edited by Linux2009

Did you try reinstalling ad-aware?

Edited by Linux2009

When running the scheduled scan - did you see the rotating globe icon in the system tray?

In order for Ad-Aware to remove cookies during a scheduled scan, you need to set it to remove everything with a TAI higher than two. It is also recommended to set the setting Quarantine objects prior to removal (cookies will still not be quarantined, however).

Regards,

Tobias

post-16629-1211788696.png

post-16629-1211788706.png

Thanks Tobias,

Yes I do see the rotating globe, but my settings are different. Will try changing them and seeing what happens.

Wouldn't it be sensible to either set these settings as default then or at least set them as default for when running a scheduled scan?

The reason for having these default settings is that we want the user to make the active decision to remove files from his/her computer.

We are aware that this is not obvious to most users, however, and we're looking into ways of redesigning the user interface to make it easier to understand.

Regards,

Tobias