• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

4 posts in this topic

I have the option 'Update Definitions File before scanning' selected.

I checked for updates first when I started ad-aware earlier and there were none. After playing about with ad-watch (irrelivant really) I then decided to run a smart scan.

So far the scanner is stuck on Updating Definitions file, I have attached a screenshot, I got bored of waiting at 5mins, so I took the shot then, but it is still ongoing (currently 13mins). Now I know there are no updates and even if there were I am on a super fast LAN network so they download quick.

So a problem there.

Also, strangely, the scanner has scanned 0 files, but has detected 33 infections! WOW! That's a clever scanner, it doen't even need to scan files to know ^_^ lol.

Will report to support centre, but I was wondering if anyone can reproduce this. Also you can't upload images at the support centre so I'll send them this link.

Untitled27.jpg

I have the option 'Update Definitions File before scanning' selected.

Will report to support centre, but I was wondering if anyone can reproduce this.

No I can't reproduce this. I've got these settings: "Update Definitions File at startup" disabled, "Update Definitions File before scanning" enabled.

I just ran a Manual Smart Scan - it updated (nothing new to update though), and then scanned.

Sorry.

Did you already download the update from this morning before this happened? I was going to try and reproduce, but I have mine set on update on start up, so I clicked, no.

I thought maybe when it got stuck is it found the information about the new download. So were on the same page not the 86 one, after that.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I went ahead and tried. Sorry, I couldnt duplicate.

post-65-1212336020.gif

Edited by LS CalamityJane
Optimized image to reduce file size

Hmmm. odd. Yeah I'd already downloaded the new update (to the antivir3 I believe).

Will try again sometime later.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0