Sign in to follow this  
amigan_1

Free Ad-Aware suddenly stopping!

Hello Everyone,

First, I am referring to what has occurred on my laptops running MS Win XP SP2 (with all other further updates).

I have read about Ad-Aware 2007 stopping, and of the fix. I have not attended to that as yet, but I do thank you for that info.

I actually prefer to use Ad-Aware SE because, unlike both Ad-Aware 2007 Free and Ad-Aware 2008 Free, Ad-Aware SE Free can be configured to properly deal with how my system is set up. Since I use occasional removable drives as download storage devices, I want to have them also checked for malware. Only buying Ad-Aware 2007 or 2008 (whether directly buying or through the "Trial/Buy" thing can I have that sort of ability. Ad-Aware SE allows me to configure without being forced to buy.

Ever since I downloaded and installed one of the last updates (by going to the Lavasoft site) to Ad-Aware SE, I found it suddenly not only stopping at a certain point, but becoming unresponsive. I had to use the Task Manager to end the task and close down Ad-Aware SE.

What is going on?

Thanks, in advance.

Regards,

Amigan_1

Oh, Great Ad-Aware Experts,

I know that the suggested thing is to now switch to at least Ad-Aware 2008 Free. Unfortunately, it has one of the same unnecessary failing that Ad-Aware 2007 Free has. One cannot configure them to check ALL drives attached to one's computer. This is why I have continued to use Ad-Aware SE Personal. I can properly configure that version of Ad-Aware; and, by going to the Lavasoft site, I can continue to manually update its definition base.

Suddenly, Ad-Aware SE will totally stop while scanning. This last time, it stopped while scanning files belonging to ZoneAlarm. The time before, it stopped while checking the computer's system.

When I say, "It stopped," I mean that when I brought up the task manager, it stated that Ad-Aware SE was not responding. I had to "end task." Thank goodness that worked.

What is happening? What can I do?

This is a restatement of the posting to which I am replying.

Thank you.

Amigan_1

Sign in to follow this