Sign in to follow this  
fishman2

Ad-Aware 2007 uninstall

We downloaded Ad-Aware 2008 but AA 2007 didn't uninstall. A related post suggested downloading AA 2007 again and then try uninstalling AA 2007. Where can we find Ad-Aware 2007 to download so we can try this ? We would appreciate any help.

We downloaded Ad-Aware 2008 but AA 2007 didn't uninstall. A related post suggested downloading AA 2007 again and then try uninstalling AA 2007. Where can we find Ad-Aware 2007 to download so we can try this ? We would appreciate any help.

We finally found a site that offered Ad-Aware 2007, http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Ad-Aware/adaware.html. After many failed attempts at reinstalling Ad-Aware 2007, we finally deleted the Ad-Aware 2007 folder and then downloaded Ad-Aware 2007 again. Then we uninstalled AA 2007 and it appeared to work this time. We downloaded AA 2008 and it appears to have been successful. If we click Start>All Programs>Lavasoft it still shows Ad-Aware 2007 and 6 supporting files. If we click Start>My Computer>Local Disk(C:)>Program Files>Lavasoft it shows the Ad-Aware and Ad-Aware 2007 folders with the 2007 folder being empty(which it should be). We don't understand why AA 2007 still shows up under All Programs>Lavasoft. If anyone can shed some light on this we would appreciate it.

I am glad to hear that you seem to have installed 2008.

It appears some folders have not been deleted. We can manually delete these. i can guide you through this.

But first of all, I would like to check does Ad-Aware 2007 appears in the programs list. (Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs) ?

Look forward to your reply

Casey

I am glad to hear that you seem to have installed 2008.

It appears some folders have not been deleted. We can manually delete these. i can guide you through this.

But first of all, I would like to check does Ad-Aware 2007 appears in the programs list. (Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs) ?

Look forward to your reply

Casey

No. But Ad-Aware 2007 appears under All Programs>Lavasoft>Ad-Aware 2007

Ad-Aware 2007

Ad-Aware update mgr

Ad-Watch 2007

Host File Editor

Process Watch

Uninstall Ad-Aware 2007

Thanks for your response. Stan

Ok so it sounds as though there are just left over folders. Because it seems as though the program is not longer registered on your computer (it doesn't appear in the add/remove programs list).

So,

Firstly create a system restore point. See here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...temrestore.mspx

Then I'd like you to download this free tool from microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Save it to your desktop and then install it. Then open the tool from your start menu, it will present you with a whole list of programs, what I'd like you to do is see if Ad-Aware 2007 (7.0.2.x) Ad-Aware appears in the list (THIS IS NOT Ad-Aware 7.1.0.x as this is 2008) .If it does click on it and then click remove.

If not, the please enable hidden folders,

Start > Control Panel > Classic View > Folder Options > View > Show Hidden Files and Folders

then we will just delete the folders:

1. Go to C>Program Files>Lavasoft and delete the 2007 folder

2. Go to C>documents and settings>AllUsers>ApplicationData>Lavasoft and delete the 2007 folder

3. Right Click on Start button > Explore All Users > Programs > Lavasoft delete the 2007 folder

This should remove all visible traces of Ad-Aware 2007.

Hope that works, let me know

Casey

Edited by casey_boy

No. But Ad-Aware 2007 appears under All Programs>Lavasoft>Ad-Aware 2007

Ad-Aware 2007

Ad-Aware update mgr

Ad-Watch 2007

Host File Editor

Process Watch

Uninstall Ad-Aware 2007

Thanks for your response. Stan

Your instructions appear to have worked. Do I get rid of Windows Installer Cleanup with Add and Remove programs ? Do I get rid of Msicuu2 from the desktop by deleting it ? Thank you for your time. Stan

Yep to both your questions.

I'm glad that I could help you. ;)

I'll close this forum as this issue appears to be resolved. If you fishman2 need this topic re-opening please PM myself or another moderator.

All other users please start a new topic.