Sign in to follow this  
Lacey294

What steps to take to uninstall AA 2007?

I've read the problems people are having uninstalling AA 2007 once they've gotten so far. I'd like to avoid running into the same problems if possible. Is there someone who could post step by step instructions on how to uninstall this program from the start? (Am wanting to install AA 2008 once 2007 is completely gone)

TIA

Hi Raziel,

"I assume that the old SE wasn't installed before"

I installed AA SE a couple years ago and was just wanting to install the 2008 version.

Followed the promts and by what I've read if you have the free version udating to 2008 is different than if you had Plus or Pro. Maybe I just read it wrong.

I'll just go to add/remove programs, and go from there.

Thanks for your help

I would like to know how to remove Ad-Aware 2007 without getting the 1720 error. I have XP Pro with SP3, Windows Script 5.7 and Norton 360 2.0. I have tried stopping the service and shutting down the Norton Protection and Firewall and then running the uninstall, but I still get the 1720 error. I do not want to downgrade my script from 5.7 to 5.6 and I am not comfortable with running the Windows Cleanup Utility. I do not want to mess up the computer and other applications over this issue. Any suggestions?

Sign in to follow this