Sign in to follow this  
yatangha

2007 to2008

I am using the free Ad-aware 2007 ver. 7.0.2.3 and want to upgrade to free Ad-aware 2007

I believe I have to remove 2007 before I download and install 2008.

If I go to Start/Ad-Aware/Unistall Ad-Aware 2007 or I go to the Control Panel/Add Remove

programs I get this error message

Error 1316. A network error occured while attempting to read from the file:

C:\Windows\Installer\WISDED53B0BB67C4244AE6AD6FD C28D1EF_7_0_2_3.MSI

Hi yatangha :D

pls go to > http://majorgeeks.com/Ad-Aware_2007_d506.html <<

and download the current 2007 version and try to repair your corrupt files.

Next is > http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...c=18305&hl= <

and follow the prompts.

Cheers

Raziel :)

Thanks Raziel

I'll do as you suggest.

Prior to getting your reply I did this this:

I tried to uninstall Free Ad-Aware 2007 so I could Download and install Free Ad-Aware 2008.

I went to Control Panel/Add Remove programs, highlighted Ad-Aware 2007 and clicked remove.

I then went back to Control Panel/Add Remove programs and Ad-Aware 2007 wasn't listed.

Then I went to Start/Programs and Ad-Aware 2007 was still listed

ie: Start/Programs/Ad-Aware/ (Ad-Aware 2007/ Ad-Aware Update Manager/Uninstall Ad-Aware 2007

I then selected Uninstall Ad-Aware 2007 from 'Start/Programs' and the Windows Installer box came up with the message,

"Are you sure you want to uninstall this product?"

I clicked 'YES' and got this message, "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed".

If I then go to Start/Programs/Ad-Aware/ (Ad-Aware 2007/ Ad-Aware Update Manager/Uninstall Ad-Aware 2007

and click on 'Ad-Aware 2007, The Ad-Aware splash screen appears for a while then the Ad-Aware main screen appears.

Clicking on 'Update' reveals the message that my 'Definition is up to date'

If I select 'Scan' it scans OK and 'Ad-Aware 2007, is still working OK.

It appears is that all I have uninstalled is Ad-Aware 2007 from Control Panel/Add Remove programs

Hi yatanga,

Please download the Windows Installer clean up tool from micro$oft;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Save the file to your desktop and run it from there.

Once it has run it will present you with a list of installed programs, click on any entries for Lavasoft or AdAware and let it un-install them.

Ok, now click Start > click run > type cleanmgr and hit enter > drive C > hit ok > and put a checkmark beside Temporary Files/Temporay Internet Files/ Recycle bin> run

This will remove any last remnants of previous installs. Once this is done, reboot your computer and open Windows explorer. Click on tools >Folder Options> View and put a checkmark beside "Show Hidden Files and Folders" then go to My Computer> C > Documents and Settings > All Users > Application Data and delete the Lavasoft/ AdAware folder.

*Be sure you go back to folder options > View and put a checkmark back beside " Do not Show Hidden Files and Folders" when you have finished this. *

All traces of AdAware 2007 should now be gone, making you ready to do a clean install of 2008, go to;

http://lavasoft.com/single/trialpay.php

and download the 2008 program. After you have run the installer the program will want to connect to the internet to download some updates, which may take a bit of time, let it finish updating then go ahead and run a scan. You shouldn't have any further problems, but if you do, please post back here with your log file and I'll see if I can make any other suggestions.

Good luck :)

I spent hours trying the different solutions listed. In the end, it took a few minutes to fix by going to Add/Remove Programs, choosing Change and then Repair. Once the 2007 version was fixed, 2008 downloaded without issues.

Sign in to follow this