Sign in to follow this  
GSi-R

GSi-R own

Full scan completed fine.

Just to note, I have managed two full scans prior to this with SpyBot installed. I will text again later with another full scan without SpyBot installed, and report back with my findings which I hope will help the beta testers here.

Tea Timer was reported to be the problem with spybot, so if adaware is running properly after you uninstalled spybot. Try reinstalling spybot without teatimer. This was reported during the beta, but with some people it ran fine and other's it didn't. I'm glad you have the patience to go over and try things. It can get very frustrating to say the least. Sorry, I didn't have you try this sooner, but its hard to know where to start. The most problems have been with corrupted downloads or installs, so we start there then move to software conflicts.

Hopefully, the next report is a good one and it ran just fine.

edit: I forgot about Pierre's post. I think he is saying that link scanner is conflicting to. It looks like we have two possible software conflicts.

Edited by Txnnok

Tea Timer was reported to be the problem with spybot, so if adaware is running properly after you uninstalled spybot. Try reinstalling spybot without teatimer. This was reported during the beta, but with some people it ran fine and other's it didn't.

I run Spybot S&D, but WITHOUT Tea-Timer, and I haven't had any recognisable conflicts between S&D and AAW 2008 Plus...

If this is useful...? :) If not, delete it...

It is probably from one of your posts I learned that, so yea its useful. Thankyou.

Edited by Txnnok

Morning all.!

Just in the process of running a second full scan with Spybot uninstalled. Will report back when done. Then I will install spybot, and not activate teatimer, and try again, and of course, report back once again.

Update 1e

Yet another successful full scan completed with spybot uninstalled yesterday.

Today, i have just updated the definition file, which was a big one, took a little while longer than usual.

Running another full scan without Spybot, then will report back.

I will then reinstall spybot, and try again.

Unfortunately, the full scan has frozen. This is without Spybot installed, so this can't be the issue.

Most certainly a bug.

Every computer is different. I have a laptop I just put the Adaware pro version on today and I'm having all sorts of problems. It's a brand new computer, not more 2 months old. Vista Home premium. Oh its ticking me off and I know all the little tricks. I've done most, still have a few more to go.

Anyway. Have we tried taking off spyware blaster to, before you install spybot, try that, and is it still freezes. Do one more download and an uninstall + install. Then I'm out of ideas. Let me know what's going on during this process. I have one more idea, but it doesn't involve uninstalling your programs anymore, so go ahead reinstall them, just make sure to leave tea timer out of spybot when you install it.

I feel for ya, I'm basically doing the same stuff myself right now. I let ya know if I have any luck.

good luck, hoping for the best

Ok, uninstalled Spywareblaster, and made sure all of its components were removed also. Prior to reinstalling ad-aware, i checked, and made sure lavasoft folders were deleted, in both program files, and app data

Reinstalling of ad-aware 2008 done, just installing latest definitions.

Well, Im sorry to report, ad-aware full scan has frozen yet again on full scan, and this time, was tried with spywareblaster, and spybot uninstalled, removed completely.

Im at a loss.

Ok, well I'm at a loss. But try this download the hijack this. Put a post in in the hijack this forum. Head it like this ," told to post here possible virus preventing install"

In the post give a brief explanation maybe a link to here or I'll do it once you posted and copy and paste the log from the hijack this program in the post.

I will also try to get some help. It could take a couple of days so be patient. Sometimes virus's can cause problems. I don't think you have one, but it's one more thing out of the way. I'm gonna bet it's something simple. I'm over looking.

here's the link for program and instructions

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=13639

here's the link to the forum

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showforum=36

Sorry, I couldn't get it going for you.

Hope someone can help as I have exhausted all avenues with this problem I have with Ad-Aware 2008 freezing during a full scan.

See here for more details....

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...amp;#entry80417

Heres my HiJackThis Log...

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 18:38:26, on 21.6.2008

Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\taskeng.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe

C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe

C:\Program Files\Ray Adams\ATI Tray Tools\atitray.exe

C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe

C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe

C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports\NclIrSrv.exe

C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports\NclMSBTSrv.exe

C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BtStackServer.exe

C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.fi/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll

O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iSUSPM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [startCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechCommunicationsManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcerOrbicamRibbon] "C:\Program Files\Acer\OrbiCam10\OrbiCam.exe" /hide

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [COMODO Firewall Pro] "C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe" -h

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AtiTrayTools] "C:\Program Files\Ray Adams\ATI Tray Tools\atitray.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [iSUSPM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\ISUSPM.exe" -scheduler

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DriverUpdaterPro] C:\Program Files\XPC Tools\Driver Updater Pro\DriverUpdaterPro.exe -t

O4 - Global Startup: BTTray.lnk = ?

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll

O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-12650 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll

O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\Windows\system32\guard32.dll,avgrsstx.dll

O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe

O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe

O23 - Service: COMODO Firewall Pro Helper Service (cmdAgent) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cmdagent.exe

O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

O23 - Service: LVSrvLauncher - Logitech Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\SrvLnch\SrvLnch.exe

O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe

O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe

O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--

End of file - 7436 bytes

Good glad you got it up there. I don't hope you have a virus, but if you do I hope they get it. Be patient it could take a couple of days to get a response.

Well, I have not checked if I have a reply just yet regarding my log, but in the meantime, i did some looking into my HJT log, and removed a single item, which was advised on an Help forum related to HJT that this entry is most certainly spyware. This is the culprit..

I removed this, and so far have managed to complete two successful full scans. Fingers crossed this is not just a coincidence. When I first see this, i assumed it had something to do with AVG, which I also have installed, but as said, once I removed this, I have managed two successful full scans.

I will try a third full scan in an hour or so, and report back.

Edited by GSi-R

Sweet. Thats what I like to hear. Update on my laptop. I finally got it working. I had to change the permissions under properties to run run as administrator and checked a run as xp (sp2) for compatibility. Figuring out those to got it finishing the updating process and loading adwatch with no errors.

Then I was having freezing problems with the scan like you. Sucky part is when I shut adware down to stop it, it wouldn't scan agian. I would get an error saying the core is busy.

After trying some different things, I changed the setting back for compatibility to normal use and x'ed out the unload malicious processes and modules. So far I have complete two scans. I'll see if the compatibility trick worked when they have the next update, I might be changing it to run it as xp for it.

I was looking at the unload malicious setting and t I think the scanner is confusing certain file for being malicious and hanging on them. It maybe trying to unload them, but can't so it's freezing. For me it was stopping at windows/cursors. You not that's not a bad file. After changing that setting and doing a couple a single file scans over it, it stopped freezing.

I can't remember if you have the free version.With the free version you can't do single file scans, but you can do a custom scan and make it scan where just the file is.

Congrats

Almost forgot to tell you, in the future before you delete any file your thinking is malware or a virus, go here and check it out first. http://www.virustotal.com/

The good part about that place is you can also save the link or the md-5, which will let you go back to your scan results. This good for settings posts like in hijack this, where you can just give the link and not a huge web page copied and pasted out in your post.

Edited by Txnnok

Well, I have not checked if I have a reply just yet regarding my log, but in the meantime, i did some looking into my HJT log, and removed a single item, which was advised on an Help forum related to HJT that this entry is most certainly spyware. This is the culprit..

I removed this, and so far have managed to complete two successful full scans. Fingers crossed this is not just a coincidence. When I first see this, i assumed it had something to do with AVG, which I also have installed, but as said, once I removed this, I have managed two successful full scans.

I will try a third full scan in an hour or so, and report back.

Out of curiosity, as I have AVG 7.5 installed, I searched my Desktop PC for C:\Windows\system32\guard32.dll,avgrsstx.dll...in a variety of connotations, and...

...Nope - I ain't got it....anywhere...

Good catch if you've found the problem, GSi-R...

LS - perhaps stick this so far untraceable-by-AAW 2008 into the AAW 2008 search-engine with relatively high priority, assuming that this has caused GSi-R's problem...and if that's compatible with the way that AAW 2008 searches for "nasties"...? My two cents.

*edit* I've just googled avgrsstx.dll, and in one result there is a link direct to AVG 8.0, that declares avgrsstx.dll to be LEGITIMATE...

I couldn't get on with AVG 8.0 in any event, which is why I reverted to v7.5 - but BEFORE I installed AAW 2008.

So maybe this an AVG 8.0 / AAW 2008 incompatibility issue after all...? :)

Edited by gelert

I suggest you have a look at this link and see if it helps you. http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&...earch&meta=

There are 12,000 hits there and it seems related to Comodo firewall. I run AVG Pro Ver 8 with no problems. There is NO guard32.dll file in my system32 folder.

Some interesting posts. just to confirm, I have AVG 8, and Comodo firewall.

Im just about to launch another full Ad-Aware scan. Will report back shortly.

In AAW 2007 turn off 'Activate extended anti-virus scan' in 'Settings>Scanning'. Leave it off and see what happens.

Congratulations,

I'm gonna close post this in a few hours. If the problem should arise again just pm me or Pierre and we can reopen it.

Spyware Terminator has a program that interefers with my FF3, I ended up having to uninstall ST. MY point is these companies need to make spend more time researching that their programs don't break other programs or at least the mainstream ones. ST came to mind because it was an extention of it (browser guard) that did it, which reminded me of yours. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. I would run Adaware then I would run ST to catch the ones that Adaware missed or didn't find as a threat.

Congrats again

Full scan completed successfully in just under an hour.!

Congratulations, I'm gonna close post this in a few hours.

If the problem should arise again just pm me or Pierre and we can reopen it.

Congratulations....BIG TIME....!

GSi-R: Your tenacity throughout this problem - and furthermore, throughout this entire thread, has been a genuine inspiration... :huh:

Best Wishes,

Gelert.

Cheers guys.! Just running another full scan now, and if this one completes successfully, I know it was down to that item I removed from my HJT Log.

I will try and stick around these parts and offer any help I can from experience of this matter.

Sign in to follow this