Sign in to follow this  
GSi-R

GSi-R own

Sorry to hear that Tim. Have you tried the latest definition file, 103?

I have just installed that, and ran yet another successful full scan.:)

Well, it froze on me to for version 105. I did notice last night when I was updating that the antivirus update 3 had a checksum error. This error will only apply to people running plus or pro, to check you will have to look at your update log. I'm busy right now, later today, I will uninstall and reinstall. I might try deleting the antivirus files and updating, can't remember if that works. I'll let ya'll know.

22.07.2008 02:49:26: Initialized

22.07.2008 02:49:26: Server type: Professional

22.07.2008 02:49:27: Server type: Professional

(compressed) https://download.lavasoft.com/public/closedlzm : Compressed file not found, retrying with uncompressed version

22.07.2008 02:49:31: Process is running as administrator

22.07.2008 02:49:31: Updating component(s) selected by GUI

22.07.2008 02:49:31: Downloading https://download.lavasoft.com/public/aaw2008/antivir2vdf : (compressed) verification successful, 1690624 bytes received

22.07.2008 02:49:43: Downloading https://download.lavasoft.com/public/aaw2008/antivir3vdf : (compressed) failure, checksum mismatch

22.07.2008 02:49:43: Failed updating dependency 1

Glad you found the cause in your freeze.

Well, a quick update on my progress, uninstalled Ad-Aware2008 once again, deleted all Lavasoft folders, ran cCleaner, rebooted, installed aww2008 again with all security switch off, after installation, rebooted again, then when back on, updated definitions to 105, ran a full scan, and it completed in 1 hour 5 minutes.:(

Its confusing the hell out of me this one.

Glad you found the cause in your freeze.

Well, a quick update on my progress, uninstalled Ad-Aware2008 once again, deleted all Lavasoft folders, ran cCleaner, rebooted, installed aww2008 again with all security switch off, after installation, rebooted again, then when back on, updated definitions to 105, ran a full scan, and it completed in 1 hour 5 minutes.:)

Its confusing the hell out of me this one.

Dunno if it helps or is relevant - but yesterday I had this happen to me:

Basically, to get the icon in the taskbar to appear during an auto-scan, I turned-off "Update Definitions Files before scanning". I now use a scheduled Defs Files update 15 minutes before a scheduled Full Scan.

So settings changed, but still no icon appeared during an AutoScan - weird... :unsure:

I reset all settings using the Reset Settings option button. I went to change some settings from the default to my choices, and a few options wouldn't let me change them...namely my default home and search pages insisted on remaining as MSN rather than Google UK. And "Use Heuristics on extended scan" simply couldn't be enabled. Several reboots of AdAware didn't cure either of these stubborn gremlins...but a full PC Reboot did...LOL. After the XP Reboot, Google UK was there already in both Settings -> Browsers windows. And "Use Heuristics on extended scan" was enabled / Green Ticked - all I had to do then was change the level of the heuristics scan.

In other words - have you tried a PC reboot after receiving and installing a Definitions / AV update and before you attempt a scan...?

It'll be a PITA if that's what you got to do - but less of a PITA than constant uninstall / CClean etc / reinstall.

Just a thought.

ok, deleted the antivirus or I should say I moved on to desktop while I tested and it worked updated with no problems, I running a smart scan now,I'll see how it goes.

22.07.2008 15:02:04: Initialized

22.07.2008 15:02:04: Server type: Professional

22.07.2008 15:02:05: Server type: Professional

(compressed) https://download.lavasoft.com/public/closedlzm : Compressed file not found, retrying with uncompressed version

22.07.2008 15:02:09: Process is running as administrator

22.07.2008 15:02:09: Updating component(s) selected by GUI

22.07.2008 15:02:09: Local file C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\update\new\antivir2.vdf.new is latest version, skipping download

22.07.2008 15:02:09: Downloading https://download.lavasoft.com/public/aaw2008/antivir3vdf : (compressed) verification successful, 96256 bytes received

22.07.2008 15:02:12: Successfully updated dependency 1

22.07.2008 15:02:12: Sending terminate event to Ad-Watch.exe

22.07.2008 15:02:12: Successfully installed dependency 1

22.07.2008 15:02:14: Restarting C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Ad-Watch.exe

Just an update guys, Ad-Aware 2008 Free is running full scans perfectly now "touch wood", throughout definition files 107, and 108, and the latest 109, all well and good.;)

Just an update guys, Ad-Aware 2008 Free is running full scans perfectly now "touch wood", throughout definition files 107, and 108, and the latest 109, all well and good.:)

GSI-R I've been following your progress and hoping you finally have rectified the problem. Being that so many of us are having the Full Scan problem I was wondering if it is system type related. My system is running WinXP Pro SP2. I have NIS2008 installed and also use Spybot. My processor type is an AMD Athlon. My system hardware has not changed since full scans were working using AAW 2007. The issue started in late May 2008 for me. AAW 2008 has never successfully run a full scan. Smart scans have always worked.

What type of system do you have and have you changed anything else recently - removed any apps or hardware - that may also explain why AAW 2008 now works for you.

Could be the problem is Norton related but it did work with AAW 2007 till late May.

Im running an Acer Aspire 5112WLMi laptop, with an AMD Turion 64x2

Graphics, up to date ATI

2 x 60GB HDD

Vista Business 64Bit Service Pack 1

2GB RAM

Running 2008 AVG 8

SpyBot latest

Comodo Professional Firewall

I have removed some software quite recently, which may of been causing the problems, but can't confirm this, as it may just be a coincidence.

Software removed, was mainly video compression tools, and convertors, which i have replaced with one single piece of software called Any Video Converter.

I use thunderBird client for my emails

Firefox (latest version) for internet.

Connectivity, WLAN via my wireless home router.

Bluetooth with my phones for transferring images, videos etc.

Hope this helps?

Hi folks, Im back, how are you all.?

Well, Ad-Aware 2008 Free Edition is still going strong. Im running definition file 112. now.

Odd one today however, when I launched Ad-Aware, the window popped up as usual, but looked like this for a moment, before settling back down to how its supposed to look.

adawarebuttons.jpg

Hi GSi-R,

glad all is going well, I have read this topic eventhough not yet posted.

This is a common glitch which occurs when the program loads as it updates, nothing to worry about :) It should fix itself or when you click on something it should also return to normal.

Casey

Hi all,

Glad it's been going good for you GSi. They've all been going good for me to, even my laptop started updating properly since 112.

Well, updated definition file today to 116, and it froze:( After a long time, running successful full scans I thought I had seen the back of these freezes, but its back.

Just thought i would let you all know.

Sign in to follow this