Sign in to follow this  
melindajanderson@aol.com

Uninstall probelms

There are several options you can try.

I would first try and install 2007 back over the top of your existing ad-aware. Then try uninstalling.

If this doesn't work try and download Microsoft Install Clean Up Utility from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 and remove all traces of Ad-Aware 2007.

To check if these have worked try and install Ad-Aware 2008, available here: http://lavasoft.com/download_and_buy/produ...rison_chart.php

If it installs, 2007 is completely removed. Then if you wish you can keep 2008 installed or remove this via Programs & Features in Control Panel.

Hope this works,

let us know,

Casey

I have a similar problem...I can't unistall 2007. I tried installing 2008, but it asks me to uninstall 2007 first. When I try to I get the folllowing message...

I've tried to find AA2007 to reinstall, but can't find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

post-58618-1212707241.gif

post-58618-1212707252.gif

I tried your suggestion, but I get exactly the same problem - it wants me to uninstall 2007, but it can't find the msi file. Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi Cranky Fluff,

I've created a new topic for you. Please post back here ;)

So you installed 2007 over the top of your existing 2007 and then uninstalled? Then tried to install 2008 but there was still the error?

If you did this then 2008 shouldnt have even detected that you had 2007.

Did you definately uninstall the new version of 2007 before you tried to install 2008?

If not, then please do so. If you did, then please look at this post for further advice: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=19002

Hope that helps, if not post back,

Casey

Can't uninstall Ad-Aware 2007

Try this. I used Revo Uninstaller and it did the job. I then installed Ad-Aware 2008. My uninstall problem was different from other posted. When I used add/remove it said it was removing Ad-Aware 2007 but when it indicated it was complete, the program was still there and working.

I had the same problem as Cranky Fluff.

With the suggestions on this forum, I was able to finally uninstall free 2007 and reinstall free 2008. Wahoo!

Many thanks to Casey_Boy for the suggested options.

Here's a bit of irony - I called my local 'computer hospital' whom I sent this pc to last week to rid it of smuggled in spyware and nasties that somehow got past adaware and spysweeper. (I'm thinking $150 to remove spyware nasties was a bit steep). ;) Anyway, when I called them to ask what to do since I couldn't open (run) adaware and then I couldn't uninstall it through add/remove in the control panel - they suggested just installing 2008 over 2007 if I couldn't uninstall it. This effort proved pointless. They then suggested I could bring it in to fix what sounded like a registry issue for $50-$75. This forum saved me $$!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D

Regards,

Sometimes Technically Challenged