• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjlund

Ad-aware SE Freezing during scan

4 posts in this topic

It gets about 58000 files in and freezes at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software (i cant read the rest after that)..

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works at all....I have never had trouble until I downloaded an update around 4/18 ever since it freezes...If someone has an idea whats causing the freeze i would greatly appreciate

I have windows media edition

I used the Ad-Aware SE Personal for a couple weeks and was so happy, I was about to purchase the next level. then it started freezing during the scan. I have tried every single suggestion in the FAQs and nothing works. I have cleaned and defrag-ed and uninstalled and reinstalled and everything else, but nothing works. When I reinstall, it seems to go farther at first, then the next time I run it (the only way to get out of it is the Windows Task Manager) it goes less far into the scan before freezing. I would like to get back to where I was originally, which was quite satisfied with the program. However, my patience is running out. I will not buy anything that won't even work during the free trial, so please help me if you can!?!?! Thanks!

Just to let you know the latest on this... it appears to be a common issue, and we are really trying to get to the bottom of this one... I hope to have an answer soon...from my understanding, this may have been a problem that was introduced in an update around the 18th April.... this is being investigated...

Just to be 100% sure though... I know this is a rather obvious one, but could everyone make sure they are running with the latest definition file SE1R105 build 125

Thanks

//Steve

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0