• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alrowe

Ad-Aware for Ubuntu Linux?

2 posts in this topic

I've been a satisfied Ad-Aware user user for about 8 years. However, issues not related to Ad-Aware have caused me to move to an Ubuntu Linux platform for my home computer, though still using XP and Server 2003 at work. While I am aware that little or no ad-ware/spyware/virus/malware is currently being written for linux, I am a firm believer in being prepared beforehand, so as not to be the first "victim". Does Ad-Aware have a linux version, or is one in the works. If not, can anyone recomend one? I'd rather stay with Ad-Aware, but if that is not possible, I still need a product for home. All computers I am responsible for at work use Ad-Aware 2007, but for my own computer I have left windows for open source for good.

Al Rowe

Unfortunately ad-aware is for the windows platform only, so no there is no linux version.

I couldnt possibly sepculate if there is one in the pipeline but I doubt it, it would probably be out already.

As to your question of other security software, do a quick search (ie on dowload.com or softpedia.com) and see what is avialable under your platform.

Sorry its not the answer you wanted and I hope you find something you like,

Casey

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0