Sign in to follow this  
metushelah

Roll back when trying to uninstall

Hey there,

i am trying to install aw-aware 2008 as i am quite pleased with the free version of as-aware 2007 uptill today.

it seems each time i am trying to remove it, it makes a roll back and asks me again to remove,

i have tried removing it from add/remove panel

tried microsoft ccleaner

tried add remove pro program

but each time it stays,

after the microsoft ccleaner it seems to have done some change but each time it get to the end of the 2008 install it makes the same roll back and doesnt let me delete

some files manually from adaware, i have deleted most of the directory by hand but the services icon and licence files keep staying

plz help me so i can install aw-aware 2008

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for looking at the uninstall topic and trying out the suggested steps.

A question is though have you tried reinstalling 2007 over-the-top of your existing 2007? If not then please try doing this, do a quick google search for Ad-Aware 2007 if you dont already have the installer.

Then try and uninstall this the normal way (add/remove programs) and see if this works. If it does then install 2008.

Post back and let us know either way,

Casey

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for looking at the uninstall topic and trying out the suggested steps.

A question is though have you tried reinstalling 2007 over-the-top of your existing 2007? If not then please try doing this, do a quick google search for Ad-Aware 2007 if you dont already have the installer.

Then try and uninstall this the normal way (add/remove programs) and see if this works. If it does then install 2008.

Post back and let us know either way,

Casey

Yes i have tried to reinstall and its the same, he makes a roll back and keep the program the way it was before,

it keeps saying "installation ended prematuraly because of an error" and the title is "fatal error" no number no nothing

thx

Sign in to follow this