• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HenryFoster

Ad-Aware crash

6 posts in this topic

Having happily run previous versions od Ad-Aware, I was happy to upgrade to 2008 version, believing that this would be an even better product.

I installed Ad-Aware 2008 free version a couple of months age and cannot now un-install it as it is functionally useless to me.

It will start to download updates and then tell me that updates could not be downloaded.

System Error:1810 has occurred. Description:Service is not online. Application Terminates

OK

since I am permanently on Broadband, I fail to understand what is going on here.

In order to re-install Ad-Aware, I attempted the un-install option which caused the following dialog boxe to emerge:

An error has occurred in Ad-Aware

Component:

TFormError

Access violation at address 005BAACE in module ‘Ad-Aware.exe@ Read of address 00000294

Send this information to Lavasoft Support Team (https://secure.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/)

Ad-Awaqre now terminates.

EAccessViolation

OK

Windows XP pro

So, this program is stuck on my system and no use to anyone.

Help, please

post-59144-1213894232.jpg

Hi,

Please try this;

Go to Start > Run > type services.msc then run > find Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service

then if it is 'stopped' click start. If it is 'running' click restart.

Then try and uninstall / reinstall. Let me know what happens.

Casey

Hi Casey,

Thanks for that really rapid reply.

I did all you told me to do and Lavasoft didn't appear on the list, so I have re-booted and it still doesn't appear, so maybe the un-installation did take place after all?

Will try downloading and re-installing again.

For now,

Thanks for your advice

Henry

That all went fine until the time came to quarantine items when this error message came us and, I suspect, quarantine was not effected:

Component:

TVirtualStringTree

Access violation at address 0053AC12 in module ‘Ad-Aware.exe’. Read of address 00000000D

Send this information to Lavasoft Support Team (https://secure.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/)

Ad-Aware terminates

EAccessViolation

OK

post-59144-1213913609.jpg

Hi,

Yeah that error has popped up a lot recently, do a quick search of the forums (this one and the Ad-Aware 2008 forum) to read about it.

Have you encountered it again?

Casey

Hi Casey,

Latest scan seems to have gone through without any problems: it also revealed fewer bugs than yesterdays', so I suspect that the items were actually removed despite the rather alarming error message.

Thanks for your help,

Henry

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0