Sign in to follow this  
dereklewis

Ad-Aware log file

I have the Ad-aware 2007 free version and I have a problem with saving the log files. Each time I run the scan, the program generates a log file. However subsequent runs are not retained in the directory for the log files.

There is a setting in preferences for changing the number of log files written out. This value is stuck on 1 and I cannot change it. I believe this is the source of the problem with not being able to retain the previous log file.

Do I have to purchase Ad-aware to get a version with the feature activated? The previous free versions did not have this problem.

I run PRO but cannot recall if this works on the FREE version. I have attached a screen shot FYI.

I have the Ad-aware 2007 free version and I have a problem with saving the log files. Each time I run the scan, the program generates a log file. However subsequent runs are not retained in the directory for the log files.

There is a setting in preferences for changing the number of log files written out. This value is stuck on 1 and I cannot change it. I believe this is the source of the problem with not being able to retain the previous log file.

Do I have to purchase Ad-aware to get a version with the feature activated? The previous free versions did not have this problem.

dereklewis:

I believe that the 07 Free is limited to 1 log file only and cannot be changed. I'm thinking that some months back this question was addressed and answered by one of the "MVP's" to the forum. Cannot remember the date or the poster, but believe this is still true. Hope this helps.

bobnrobin

Hi guys,

Yes, bobnrobin, you are correct the free versions are limited to one log file. ;)

So, dereklewis, if you did want to upgrade to a paid version then yes the feature for multiple logs is available.

Hope that helps,

Casey

Thanks everyone for responding...my workaround is to copy the log files to another folder when I create them from a scan.

I would like to ask anyone with the full Ad-Aware version, do they find it is worth the price of the license?

Sign in to follow this