Sign in to follow this  
brambo

scheduled scan never runs adaware v2707

running adaware v2707. set up a offline scheduled scan for weds at 1am. the scan never happens. running xpsp2 with all patches. norton NIS v2007 scheduled scans runs. spysweeper scheduled scan runs also. one is for weds (adaware), one is for friday (spysweeper) and one is for sunday (norton).

don't keep adaware and spysweeper running all the time in the background because this is my work system. if I need to to browse new sites I just turn on adwatch while browsing. otherwise - just want to do a full system scan and update my definition files automatically once a week on these 3 very important applications.

the manual scans are great. you find stuff that spysweeper misses and I am very happy with your product. please help me figure out a way to get this scheduled scan stuff working.

best regards,

mark bramblett

can someone from lavasoft please help me with your scheduler problem. I set the scheduled scan up from within your program. the adaware full scan never runs. I am running xpsp2 with all patches. spysweeper works. norton nis v2007 works. your program does not work. this is a big inconvenience and I had hoped updating to V2007 would help but it did not.

this isn't a problem of an offline scheduled scan working and then suddenly not working. this is a problem of a scheduled scan "never working" on my xp laptop. please save the easy problems for the easy problems list and help me with my adaware scheduler problem.

don't have any idea how to debug this, nor what log files are needed for you to follow up. most people by now would have a least said run these programs and dump these log files - then email them to us and we'll take a look.

thank you in advance... I have been an adaware customer for years. adaware scheduled scans never worked for me and now I was hoping your program would do so. can't say it any simpler than that - please help me with my problem.

best regards,

mbramblett

hi,

two things:

firstly - you can upgrade to ad-aware 2008 for free, i'd recommend doing so. this program has new features (inc. virus scanning) and is the version for which program updates will become available.

secondly - you are obviously a paid customer, so are entitled to use the customer support centre: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/ where you'll get one-to-one support.

hope they can help,

Casey

Sign in to follow this