Sign in to follow this  
DGPickett

Install bug this week

I went to AdAware and asked it to update, and it installed AdAware2008 and new definitions, but after it installed a new version of the update manager, after the definitions are updated it asks if you want to get new software updates, and when you say yes, I get a crash window saying:

LS Update Manager

Access violation at address 009D0000. Write of address 009D0000[/indent]

Since I now have a bad update installer, I figured I was stuck, so I uninstalled and downloaded and reinstalled the 2008 Free product, but it ends up in the same place. I have a relatively new Gateway PC with Athlon X2 5000 dual core CPU, 3GB of ram, plenty of disk space and Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit OS. I stay up on all the latest Windows Updates and JAVA jdk/jre.

I am just one of your cheap if long term and proselytizing fans using the free version, but I hope this bug report helps your product and your enterprise.

PS: Windows Task manager shows many copies of ldsupdatemanager.exe silently running, eating up cpu quite aggressively, probably one per attempt at updates.

Edited by casey_boy

hi,

you are correct the copies of lsupdatemanager would be there from each failed attempt at an update.

as a quick question do you have DEP enabled for all software on the computer?

you can check by: Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings (left) > Performance Settings > DEP

then click 'turn on for essential windows programs...only'

then try to update and see what happens,

Casey

Sign in to follow this