Sign in to follow this  
WarrenPS

Can't get updates any more/

I am also having this same problem. I disabled Norton and tried again. But same problem occurred "No Access to Download Server". I concur the problem is with Lavasoft.

I'm, also, having the same exact problem... Last week the update worked normally, so I, also, believe the problem is at the server's (Lavasoft's) end.

You know this makes me kinda leary about buying. I just recently ... well not recently ... about 4 months ago got a new computer with Windows Vista. I had AdAware SE Pro installed on the other one and was happy with the program ... never a problem.

In the excitement of having a new computer with new things to learn and get used to I forgot to install Ad-Aware on this machine until now. I knew that my version had been discontinued so I decided to try the Free 2008 version and see how it worked. Right off the bat ... Problem! Can't update defs!

While I am glad I'm not the only one who is having these problems ... it is a little disconcerting that in the most basic version there is already a fundamental flaw in the program. Yikes!

You see! That's what happens when you fix something that isn't broken! You improve it into a failure!

Hopefully it will be resolved soon! Take Care Everyone!

DellVista

Edited by DellVista

I'm so glad this is not just my computer issue. The error message makes it seem as though the fault is in the user's computer not in Lavasoft's servers.

I hope this is fixed soon.

Haha, well I guess it was a waste to register my account on here :P

This was the exact issue I came on to post about. However, it seems that it is indeed a problem with Lavasoft's update server. I'm sure they'll have it fixed in no time.

I can no longer get updates. I got last update on 7/26 with no problem. Today I have tried numerous times and it says ERROR, no connection available. That is incorrect because I am able to do everything else on the internet, including downloading other files. I wish Lavasoft would monitor these forums continually and get these things fixed. It seems like everytime there is a problem it takes them forever to fix it.

Same here, and all my customers have reported the same problem. (63 so far.)

Last update 26.07.08, possible victim of the latest DNS poisoning? (I am "hazarding" a guess here.)

I will be attempting a manual D/L of the update from the main site.

The web site link to the update is:

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/faq_aaw2008.php?details=26

I suggest that anyone looking for answers PLEASE register, then raise your voice here.

IF there isn't any activity, there won't be any answers.

Same here, and all my customers have reported the same problem. (63 so far.)

Last update 26.07.08, possible victim of the latest DNS poisoning? (I am "hazarding" a guess here.)

I will be attempting a manual D/L of the update from the main site.

The web site link to the update is:

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/faq_aaw2008.php?details=26

I suggest that anyone looking for answers PLEASE register, then raise your voice here.

IF there isn't any activity, there won't be any answers.

Manual update is not working either

Nope, manual D/L isn't there either.

And nothing mentioned on the Internet Storm center....yet.

Edited by Tinqer

I'm resolving download.lavasoft.com as 82.99.19.110.

However, any connection to port 80 terminates with a connection timeout; however, it appears that some connections at least appear to make it past the TCP handshake.

I got a new computer with windows Vista. I downloaded Ad-aware 2008 Plus from the trialpay offer with netflix. It won't update. It shows last update being done in May of 2008 (see attached image capture). I am on cable internet, always connected. I'm not sure why I can't update my program

Additionally. When I signed up I was on my laptop, which uses XP home edition. I still had the same issue.

When I tried to put my registration in for my desktop pc, it wouldn't register. It said different hardware fingerprint (or something like that?) If I can't use the Plus on both my computers, I'd at least like the Plus to be on my new desktop, not the ancient laptop. Is there any way to remedy this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dallas. (verbal)

post-60778-1217645537.jpg

Hi,

I am trying to update my AdAware 8 file and am getting a flagged message " No connection to download server" This has not happened before. Can someone tell what the problem is and how to cure it? Nought wrong with my Internet access.

Vicwinann

I can no longer get updates. I got last update on 7/26 with no problem. Today I have tried numerous times and it says ERROR, no connection available. That is incorrect because I am able to do everything else on the internet, including downloading other files. I wish Lavasoft would monitor these forums continually and get these things fixed. It seems like everytime there is a problem it takes them forever to fix it.

Hi

Without realizing it I had started a new thread because I cannot update AdAware 8 . Get a flagged message "No connection to download server"

So I want to add my voice to those making the complaints about the time it seems to take to fix things - or even notice that something is wrong.

Vicwinann

I was running Ad Award 2007 and couldn't get any updates. So I "upgraded" to Ad Aware 2008 and it won't get definition updates either. Went to the FAQ file and read about downloading the definitions file manually. Can't get to that web page either. There is no other suggestion on the Lavasoft web site.

Anyone have any ideas how to get the newest definitions files?

George

I am just adding my name to the list of users no longer able to receive updates. Same thing - error - no connection, even though I am connected to internet. Although this is not the greatest situation, at least I'm not the only one!

gingie215

I'll chime in also..One machine got its last updates on 07/12 and I got the No Connection on it when I tried to update and the other machine just got upgraded to the 2008 free version this evening and it gets the same message when trying to update. :P

I can't get any updates anymore either from my Ad-Aware 2008 Plus. I even deleted it and re-downloaded but continue to get error message "No connection to download server" even though my Internet connection is fine. :P

Neither can I download the update from the FAQ link.

Wish I had found this before I went through all the trouble of deleting and downloading the program. So, add my name to the list

If it helps out I was able to download the core.zip file and ran a web update successfully after restarting Ad-Aware..

When did you D/L the core.zip I just tried about an hour ago, and got nada!?

(As in Port 80 of the website doesn't respond...)

Tinqer

Haha, well I guess it was a waste to register my account on here :P

This was the exact issue I came on to post about. However, it seems that it is indeed a problem with Lavasoft's update server. I'm sure they'll have it fixed in no time.

Problem fixed I think as I have just updated successfully.

If it helps out I was able to download the core.zip file and ran a web update successfully after restarting Ad-Aware..

didn't work for me . still stalls and says can't connect error

Problem fixed I think as I have just updated successfully.

I don't know if this is related to this problem, but it seems similar.

Every time that I try to turn on Ad-Aware 2008 I get the following message: Service is not online. Application terminates.

Does anyone know what's going on? It's starting to worry me.

Also the last time I ran Ad-Aware I got a message saying that there was a file that couldn't be deleted until I restarted my computer. I restarted my computer and now I'm getting the message I just described.

AHH!!! lsrcfan is right!!!! Both application link to update, and the manual (on the support page) are working!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P