Sign in to follow this  
WarrenPS

Can't get updates any more/

Email sent. Just remember it is only 5 am Monday 4 August in Europe.

Just now I try it again. It working. I was able to update. I now sur it was there site. :D:huh:

Today I have the same problem unable to update and I get the same error : update; no connection to download server, suggested action; check internet connection.

I know that my connection is working find only ad-aware is not. When lavasoft will fix there problem

Thank you

Chris

It's been a while since I updated. I've been using 2008 Free for quite a while with no problems up to a week or so ago (Been gone.) Now I can't update or download updates.

As for the mirror, it looks like it's part of their domain also. A ping reveals that at least something is connected to the internet on their end.

Interesting ...

Anyone have issues with the paid version?

Have the same problem, I updated my adaware this morning on my computer, then when I tried to update my mothers It kept telling me page cannot be displayed, I was trying manual update through the research blog for both ad aware 08 and se and got the same responce.

My connection is good so I think it's on your end, please fix it soon.

Thanks

I'm having exactly the same problem too (on free version), getting the same 'No connection to download server, Check Internet Connection' message. I last updated last week sometime, was wondering why it wouldn't update today until I found this forum showing others having the same problem.

Edited by Poppetsmummy

Gee Whiz,

Is anyone home at Lavasoft?

You would think someone would render a response to the problem that all of us are having, about this no connection problem.

I live in California, and started trying to update at 1:00 p.m. It is now 11:58 pm and I'm still having no luck. As a matter of fact, I have been trying since July 28 to get updates.

And since some of us have paid for the program, for an additional year, I hope we are given an extension, since we are unable to utilize the program.

I just found out that the 0108.0000 definition file can be downloaded from the MajorGeeks website. Here is the link:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5711.html

The MajorGeeks web page has step by step instructions. Download the zip file to any temporary work folder. Once its downloaded, unzip the core.aawdef file to the All Users installation folder, not the main program installation folder. On my PC, it was here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware

There is already a file there with the same name, so you will get a Windows overwrite warning.

Start Ad-Aware. You will see the new version number (0108.0000) and date (07/30/2008) displayed.

Ok Gary, thanks. But where is the download link for the update itself? The mirror link to the zip file doesn't work on the lavasoft site. How to get the update in the first place to install manually????