Sign in to follow this  
mdlaf@earthlink.net

Unable to update Ad-aware 2008 Free

I too have a problem updating Ad-Aware 2008 Free Edition. My last update is shown as 24/07/2008. I tried on Friday evening (01/08/2008) and this evening (03/08/2008), and on both occasions the meesage "No connection download server. Check Internet Connection." was shown. I have a connection as evidenced by the fact that I can post to this forum. So there must a problem with the server??

I too am experiencing similar problems as Elliot57. Same error messages. I have utilized the Ad-Aware 2008 FAQs, which instructed downloading updates from lavasoft.com, turning off all security and antivirus software programs, and even flushed my DNS cache, all to no avail. Can we get a response from Lavasoft?

I am having the same problem with updates.. I even tried the link on the support site to download the definition file and it will not work either....

Well this is what I get just like everybody else.....guess the servers must be down!!! B)

An error has occured...

UPDATE - No connection to Update server

SUGGESTED ACTION - Check Internet Connection

However I last updated on 01/08/08 at 12.29.00 European time (CET) and the defs are 0108.0000

therefore it seems I'm up to date!!

Edited by English Teacher

Since installing ad-aware 2008 free have been getting message unable to connect, but everything but ad-aware connects including spy bod, is the ad-aware site down or what?

Yup, same here. Servers must be down. Hopefully someone from Ad Aware will give us the skinny of what is going on.

OK seems the porblem has been sorted out.

I've just tried to update and now it says your def file is up to date!!!

I think this thread can be closed