Sign in to follow this  
KarlaLangford

Trouble uninstalling Ad-Aware 2007

;) The only place where I can find evidence of Ad-Aware 2007 is in the Add/Remove Programs List. When I try to remove I get a message "The installation source for this product is not available." It wants me to find the correct path, but it isn't even on my computer. I also get a message inside a Windows Installer box that says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." I have already tried re-installing Ad-Aware 2007, but that will not work for the same reason I cannot upgrade to Ad-Aware 2008. I have to remove my previous version first. I do not know where some of you are finding this "Repair" button. I have XP with service pack 3.

:D The only place where I can find evidence of Ad-Aware 2007 is in the Add/Remove Programs List. When I try to remove I get a message "The installation source for this product is not available." It wants me to find the correct path, but it isn't even on my computer. I also get a message inside a Windows Installer box that says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." I have already tried re-installing Ad-Aware 2007, but that will not work for the same reason I cannot upgrade to Ad-Aware 2008. I have to remove my previous version first. I do not know where some of you are finding this "Repair" button. I have XP with service pack 3.

Thank-you. I tried all the solutions there and they did not work. After trying #! it said Corrupt Installation detected; #2 Would not install until Ad-Aware 2007 was uninstalled; #3 I updated the windows installer on microsoft.com and it still does not work. I tried going into the C: drive, program files, lavasoft and delete it there and it would not allow me to. I had trouble when I tried installing Ad-Aware 2007 last year and gave up and never used it. It isn't even listed when I hit start and all programs. I just really wanted Ad-Aware 2008, but I guess I will give up on trying to install it.

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable."

This should give you a clue. The PC must have been on a network at some time or other? Is it still networked now? If not, there may some links that still point to the network. Make sure there is no virtual network drive attached.

Post back - meanwhile I will do some searching.

This should give you a clue. The PC must have been on a network at some time or other? Is it still networked now? If not, there may some links that still point to the network. Make sure there is no virtual network drive attached.

Post back - meanwhile I will do some searching.

:) Hi: I just saw CrankyFluff's advice to try http://support.microsoft.com/kbl/290301 which is Mircosoft Install clean up utility and gave it a try. It deleted Ad-Aware 2007 from my computer and I was finally able to install Ad-Aware 2008! If I was ever on a network, I did not know about it. There have been others on my computer, so who knows. Thank you for being there, I appreciate it.

No problem. The fix was also in the second link I posted for you. :)

Sign in to follow this