Sign in to follow this  
Mykas0

Scan Halting, in XP SP3

I've reported this problem back when we were all using the Ad-Aware 2008 beta version, but unfortunately (and after all this time) it isn't fixed *yet*.

Unlike what happened with the previous version of this same software (i.e. 2007 one), I can't complete any kind of normal scan.

Either if I go for a SMART SCAN or for a FULL SCAN, the scanner is bound to, eventually, stop. It's not the usual "don't worry, it'll eventually end, just wait" thing, I've waited as far as 8 hours (in a 50GB disk, with 15 GB free), and it continues stuck in some file, not moving at all. (I haven't tried doing CUSTOM SCANs, by the way)

Last time I checked (as in, I cancelled it 5 minutes ago), it became stuck in a 93,0 KB file, for around 1h45min, until a cancelled it. As far as I've noticed, the file that makes it hang is not always the same, but I would like to know if this information is really relevant, before conducting further testing.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Edited by Mykas0

Silly forum, you never warned me about that reply. :)

Anyway, I was using 'Pro', the same key I was given after the 08 Beta. However, by now this problem is fixed, no idea how; probably, one of the updates fixed it.

Sign in to follow this