Sign in to follow this  
jschapel@optusnet.com.au-1

All I want to do is DOWNLOAD AA2008 plus ! [RESOLVED]

I have been jerked around for HOURS but I'll spare most of the details.

I found out today that my AA 2007 licence had expired.

I promptly purchased on-line from Lavasoft the Ad-Aware 2008 Plus product for 2 years at $45.11AUD and received my Lavasoft AB – Order confirmation e-mail.

I quote it (in part):

DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS

Downloadable products may be accessed by clicking on the Begin Download button next to the product name:

(to which he replies through gritted teeth): WHAT "Begin Download button" ???

I have turned Lavasoft's site inside out looking for ANYthing that even remotely resembles a "Begin Download button". Anywhere. ZILCH! There is provision for me to 'Log in' on one of the pages but I don't even know if that would have helped me because I used the login details provided in my Order Confirmation e-mail there and got only error messages.

I'll save well-meaning persons the trouble of enquiring ... yes I have checked (both) my browsers for proper function. Yes I have checked my security settings.

I had a similar run-around on previous occasions with Lavasoft's site but this is even worse.

Can someone PLEASE put me out of my misery and just point me to a link where I can legitimately download the product I have paid for, so I can then register it? :o

Welcome to the Lavasoft Support Forum

That is unfortunate that you cannot log in, because that should be how you download Ad-Aware 2008, after you log in there is an option to Download the Program. I will ask the LS Staff and see if we can get this straightened out for you.

Thank you SpySentinel for your timely reply. :o

In the meantime it's been solved. Sorry about the fuss.

It turns out that the e-mail I received Confirming my Order was not the last e-mail I should have expected.

It was followed up some 12 hours later by this (in part):

Thank you for your purchase from Lavasoft AB. Your key code and download is now available for Ad-Aware 2008 Plus - 2 Year.

To access your product, please go to https://store.digitalriver.com/store/lavaso...DisplayHelpPage with Password

So what went wrong?

I now put it down to ambiguity and expectation.

1. I was given no reason to expect that the first e-mail was to be followed up by another. Not a thing in its wording alerts one to expect that.

2. It contained both my order number and password, along with instructions on where and how to use them ... all that seemed to be needed (but which didn't work).

3. The second (unexpected) e-mail 12 hours later supplied the same info again ... but this time the fabled "Begin Download" button magically appeared. In crucial areas the second e-mail's instructions duplicated those in the first e-mail redundantly (or vice-versa).

The solution to this seems to be for whoever drafts Lavasoft's e-mail instructions to reconsider the way those instructions are delivered. I can't be the only one who has spent a harrowing day over this.

Edited by Jothanan

Whilst this is being sorted out Jonathan,

Uninstall your previous version. Then download the free version here: http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2008/3000...cdlPid=10844457

When installed click 'register' in the main window and enter you license details. This will upgrade you to your plus verison.

Casey

Thank you very much, casey_boy. I appreciate your effort to help too. :o

As you will both see above, I've now got it sorted. A case of 'barking up the wrong tree' (with the help of some instructional wording that I now consider LS could improve), as explained.

Edited by Jothanan

Hi Jothanan. Glad I could help.

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a Moderator with the address of this thread so we can open it for you.