Sign in to follow this  
StanH

Does Ad-aware/Ad-watch change the Windows system registry & file permissions?

When I try to update Windows XP to SP3 the update fails with the message "Access Denied". I am wondering if Ad-aware/Ad-watch ever changes the system registry & file permissions?

I shut down these programs before starting the SP3 install process.

When I try to update Windows XP to SP3 the update fails with the message "Access Denied". I am wondering if Ad-aware/Ad-watch ever changes the system registry & file permissions?

I shut down these programs before starting the SP3 install process.

No, Adwatch does not make changes to the registry or file permissions. Adwatch warns you when changes are made to the registry. Click the Regshield tab in Adwatch, All of the items in the registry that are check are being monitered by Adwatch.

You can setup how adwatch alerts you by going to your settings in the adwatch, but for windows updates that change the registry- turn off adwatch. You did the right thing, if you meant you turned off adwatch.

No, Adwatch does not make changes to the registry or file permissions. Adwatch warns you when changes are made to the registry. Click the Regshield tab in Adwatch, All of the items in the registry that are check are being monitered by Adwatch.

You can setup how adwatch alerts you by going to your settings in the adwatch, but for windows updates that change the registry- turn off adwatch. You did the right thing, if you meant you turned off adwatch.

Thanks

Sign in to follow this