• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rsakranz

McAfee Re-install Advises Remove Adaware

2 posts in this topic

Ad-Aware free version 7.1.0.11; considering upgrade.

Centrino dual core laptop, 3 GB, lots of empty C space, XPPro service pack 3

McAfee said that I needed to reinstall the Comcast McAfee Security Suite to resolve McAfee problems*. The McAfee download site lists incompatible /uninstall software prior to McAfee Suite reinstall. The incompatible list includes Ad-Aware.

Three Questions:

1. Do I need to uninstall Ad-Aware free version (I believe it doesn't run except when manually started) before installing McAfee Suite?

2. Will I have conflicts between the re-installed McAfee and Ad-Aware 7.1.0.11? If so, how do I resolve?**

3. Will upgrading to Ad-Aware Plus and Ad-Watch after reinstalling McAfee cause conflicts?

Thank you for your help.

---------------

FYI:

*Problem I had with McAfee was occurring when using their file backup utility.

**I noted the forum topic on Ad-Aware scanning McAfee files and the suggestion to go to "Services". I shut down Ad-Aware and clicked on the Ad-Aware services.exe which presented a blank DOS screen. ???)

1. If you are running the free version of AAW 2008 there is no reason why you could not remove it before installing the McAfee software.

2. I really don't know as I run AVG Pro.

3. Install free version of AAW 2008 and see if any conflicts arise.

Post back with results.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0