Sign in to follow this  
donpb

Why can't Adaware 2007 catch rogue services?

I had worked on a laptop the other day that had contracted that nasty brastk.exe and karna.dat dang virus and Adaware did not even detect it at all. Why is it that Adaware could not find and or remove such virus? I really do not like to have to rely on multiple virus/adaware removal software. Can Adaware not detect certain services or appinit dlls?

Hi,

Ad-Aware 2007 does not detect viruses or virus like activity.

FYI you should update to Ad-Aware 2008 - it is the only supported version. Also if you were to buy the plus or pro version then it would then include anti-virus scanning. The free version does not.

I hope that answers you question

Casey

Hi,

Ad-Aware 2007 does not detect viruses or virus like activity.

FYI you should update to Ad-Aware 2008 - it is the only supported version. Also if you were to buy the plus or pro version then it would then include anti-virus scanning. The free version does not.

I hope that answers you question

Casey

oh. i did not know that.

i would like to get my free upgrade to the plus version but my email addy and password is no longer recognized from the adaware support login. and i am having a hell of a time getting it resolved. i paid for the plus version (adaware se plus v1.06) and was supposed to be entitled to a free upgrade. :)