• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chitownjeff

Go Redirect

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I’m using Windows XP SP2 with Adaware 2008 with the latest update.

I was using a popular search engine (that starts with G) when I noticed that all the text was a little larger than normal and all the links I clicked on were taking me to a “go†website. The same thing happened with another search engine (that starts with Y).

I did some looking around and it turned out I got some kind of Go Redirect infection. Adaware said my system was clean.

I deleted all of my cookies, temp files, etc. Looked in ad/remove programs and didn’t see anything strange. I ended up having to do a full restore of my system.

It sounds like this is a known infection but adaware didn’t detect it. :)

It sounds like you had a modified host entry and ad-aware should have detected it.

unfortunately, because of the restore, we can't get you to show us. but i hope that your problem is sorted. if, in the future, you encounter such a problem, let us know and we can help out.

Casey

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0