Sign in to follow this  
JerilynAK

Error 1921

I was trying to update and now I am getting an error 1921 that says aawservice could not be stopped. Am I running it or is someone else. I have tryed to go to services and stop it but it gives me no options and I keep getting a message saying it needs more information but I can't get to it and it won't uninstall nor will it let me up grade or download another version. Please Help Me!!!!

Hi Granny :wub:

have a look to the pic and follow the prompts ... > end the service, wait a few sec. then restart the service

post-28338-1229587584.jpg

Let me know if it not works

I went into services, when I click on the Ad-Aware link it doesn't give me the options to end service or stop or start or anything else. If I double click on the line it doesn't give me any options either. It won't uninstall and it won't stop going. I have tried to do it all but so far nothing works. I keep getting the interactive services pop up that says that the program can't display on the desk top but I can't do anything about it and when I try to install the 2008 version it just says that it can't install because of an error. I will assume it has to do with the same error that is causing this problem..... I am really stuck with all of this.

Hello GrannyJ

Is this a problem with Ad-Aware 2007? If so, please try to uninstall and if you get an error, look for the following folder and delete it:

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware

Then proceed to install Ad-Aware 2008 and let us know if that resolves the problem?

We do have word of a bug in Ad-Aware 2007 that is caused by an update to IE7 and that may be what you are encountering. We are working on a resolution, but meantime an update to the new version 2008 does resolve the problem for most. I am told deleting the Ad-Aware Folder in Program files/Lavasoft will get around the uninstall issue you had.

Hello GrannyJ

Is this a problem with Ad-Aware 2007? If so, please try to uninstall and if you get an error, look for the following folder and delete it:

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware

Then proceed to install Ad-Aware 2008 and let us know if that resolves the problem?

We do have word of a bug in Ad-Aware 2007 that is caused by an update to IE7 and that may be what you are encountering. We are working on a resolution, but meantime an update to the new version 2008 does resolve the problem for most. I am told deleting the Ad-Aware Folder in Program files/Lavasoft will get around the uninstall issue you had.

I had the same problem and followed the advice given which solved the problem. Thanks LSCalamityJane for your help. B)

Hello pitviper0404,

Glad to hear that worked and thanks for letting us know! :)

I have had the similar problems but when trying to delete the ad-aware folder directly it says that i need permission to do so. Even though I am the admin. Help please I looked at several forms and tried many things. Yet I still cannot uninstall ad-aware 2007 and install ad-aware 2008.

I have had the similar problems but when trying to delete the ad-aware folder directly it says that i need permission to do so. Even though I am the admin. Help please I looked at several forms and tried many things. Yet I still cannot uninstall ad-aware 2007 and install ad-aware 2008.

It maybe the aawservice that's preventing you from deleting the folder. Go to Task Manager and end this service. It should let you delete the folder.

It maybe the aawservice that's preventing you from deleting the folder. Go to Task Manager and end this service. It should let you delete the folder.

I found a fix what you do is download the 2008. Start yur task manager and select the services tab look for aawservice it'll say starting, click that option then select the service option at the bottom right (using vista btw!)

Then select ad aware service option from the list right click - properties youll get a pop up screen in the middle theres start up option and its set to automatic, change that to disabled. Restart your computer then install the 2008 version it will delete the old one for you! Only took me hours to figure it, it was very annoying!

Enjoy :D

Just a note for Vista users - you may need to follow the steps attached to this post to make AAWService.exe show in task manager.

Enjoy! :lol:

EDIT: Ach, it was a necro thread. You caught me out! :D

How_to_display_AAWService.exe_in_Task_Manager__Windows_Vista_.pdf

Edited by GoddersUK
Necro!

Sign in to follow this