Sign in to follow this  
coolguy

Error 1814

Hi

Iam running Vista Ultimate and Ad Aware 2007. Last night an update installed on Ad Aware and now when I go to start it I get error 1814.

When I try to uninstall it seems to start working and then update 7.0.2.5 lavasoft wants to run during the unistall process.

Is this normal?

also get constantly "Interactive Services Dialog Detection" keeps coming up to say a message cannot display on desktop. When viewed the message says

ad aware crashed and to send error reort which I do but it keeps coming back.

Help

Thank you

We have just discovered a bug in Ad-Aware 2007 that is caused by an update to IE7 and that may be what you are encountering. We are working on a resolution, but meantime an update to the new version 2008 does resolve the problem for most. I am told deleting the Ad-Aware Folder in Program files/Lavasoft will get around the uninstall issue you had.

Please try to uninstall Ad-Aware 2007 and if you get an error, look for the following folder and delete it:

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware

Then proceed to install Ad-Aware 2008 and let us know if that resolves the problem?

We have just discovered a bug in Ad-Aware 2007 that is caused by an update to IE7 and that may be what you are encountering. We are working on a resolution, but meantime an update to the new version 2008 does resolve the problem for most. I am told deleting the Ad-Aware Folder in Program files/Lavasoft will get around the uninstall issue you had.

Please try to uninstall Ad-Aware 2007 and if you get an error, look for the following folder and delete it:

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware

Then proceed to install Ad-Aware 2008 and let us know if that resolves the problem?

I had/have a similar problem...while attemting to update Ad-Aware 2007 version 7.0.2.7...on XP with IE6

I got...unhandled exception aawservice.exe has unfortunatly experienced an unhandled excption and was

forced to close. Please submit this error and we will endeavor to solve the problem as soon as possible. After

submiting the error...a dialog box came up...system error 1810 has occurred. Description Service is not online

application terminates. Well I was online....Your products are great...but I WISH YOU HAD NOT STOPPED

AUTOMATIC UPDATES FOR...Ad-Aware SE Personal...it still catches critical objects that 2007 misses...and it

is 359 days since it's last update...anyway keep up the great products...and please get this unhandled exception fixed

THANKS VERY MUCH...gamer8

Sign in to follow this