Sign in to follow this  
banjo51

Error message with Ad-aware 2007, can't unistall

Hello,

Using Ad-aware 2007 free (XP + SP3 + all update) I received a message for a new version : 2008. I Run the installtion and got also error 1316.

Can't unsinstall version 2007.

Delete C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware

Installing again v2008 and always the same message 1316 !

Cleaning register don't change anything.

Thank's for your help

Can't re-install v2007 also but I found a solution :

Try to delete directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\lavasoft

v2008 is now installed on my PC. I did also manual cleaning in register. May be also a good reason !

Hello,

We're sorry you are having a problem.

If you get an error uninstalling Ad-Aware 2007, look for the following folder and delete it:

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware

Then proceed to install Ad-Aware 2008 and let us know if that resolves the problem?

We do have word of a bug in Ad-Aware 2007 that is caused by an update to IE7 and that may be what you are encountering. We are working on a resolution, but meantime an update to the new version 2008 does resolve the problem for most. I am told deleting the Ad-Aware 2007 folder located in the Lavasoft Folder in Program files will get around the uninstall issue you had.

I am having the same problem and cant seem to uninstal the program. when i try it starts to uninstal and then tells me i need permission to uninstal it?????? I am getting all the interactive service messages every couple of minutes also.

Hello,

I now have IE V. 7 on my computer, am running Vista Ultimate, it's 4 month old Lenovo Laptop.

I can't start-up Adaware 2007.

I can't uninstall Adaware 2007.

I can't delete the Lavasoft or Adaware Folder inside of Program Files (No Permission for it)

I can't install Adaware 2008.

Sounds like Adaware has some powerfull incompatibilities.

P.S. - Can someone help me to deal with this problem?

Thanks

Hello,

I now have IE V. 7 on my computer, am running Vista Ultimate, it's 4 month old Lenovo Laptop.

I can't start-up Adaware 2007.

I can't uninstall Adaware 2007.

I can't delete the Lavasoft or Adaware Folder inside of Program Files (No Permission for it)

I can't install Adaware 2008.

Sounds like Adaware has some powerfull incompatibilities.

P.S. - Can someone help me to deal with this problem?

Thanks

Hi Texasadaware,

I am having the same exact problem and I was wondering if you ever found a fix for it?

Sign in to follow this