Sign in to follow this  
gamer8

unhandled exception

couple of days ago when attempting to up Ad-Aware 2007 version 7.0.2.7...this dialog box came up...

unhandled exception

aaweservice.exe has unfortunatly experienced an unhandled exception and was forced to close.

Please submit this error and we will endover to solve the problem as soon as possible.

After I submited the error...to you guys...a dialog box came up stating

system error

1810 has occurred. Description Service is not online application terminated.

well i was online...and am not using IE 7....i would really like some help with this product i have faith in

it against catching spyware...I have tryed 2008 version but it takes 3 to 4 times to run. So that is a big

pain aftergoing offline to run/wait before I can use my computer....Also I'm still using Ad-Aware SE Personal

that asof today is about 358 days from last update...but still catches CRITICAL OBJECTS that 2007 misses...

and i"ve yet to figure out how to update it manual...but it still works...it would be great if SE still had automatic

updates !!!!!!!

Edited by gamer8

You shouldn't really be running SE and 2007 together. Well in fact, you shouldn't be running either.

FYI the critical objects in SE are not longer classified as critical in 2007/08. These objects are tracking cookies and ARE NOT CRITICAL.

This error sounds like a one time thing, have you restarted? Does it recoccur?

Casey

I have the exact same problem as Gamer8. Ad-Aware 2007 was the most reliable product, but now I recieve the same error message after sucessfully sending the error report. The error report appears each time I start my laptop, even after uninstalling Ad-Aware 2007 and manually cleaning out the Lavasoft folder in the application data section.

It appears I cannot ever use Ad-Aware again and the program does not properly clean out the folders during the uninstall. Using Windows XP Professional SP3 and IE 6.0.2900

You shouldn't really be running SE and 2007 together. Well in fact, you shouldn't be running either.

FYI the critical objects in SE are not longer classified as critical in 2007/08. These objects are tracking cookies and ARE NOT CRITICAL.

This error sounds like a one time thing, have you restarted? Does it recoccur?

Casey

Yes i've restarted meny times and have been running the two programs for a long time with no problems. I check and update my programs.

the 1st thing when I go on the net. About a week or so ago I updated Ad-Aware...with definetion 143.0007...after that

ever update was...143.0007. Ad-Aware would inform me that there was/is a new definetion update do I want to update.

And I would...when I would click on the Status button...it would show that the def was/is 143.0007. This happened about 3 or 4 times...before I got the...Unhandled Exception aawservice.exe has unfortunatly experienced an unhandled exception

and was forced to close. Please submit this error and we will endeavor to solve the problem as soon as possible. well after clicking on the submit button (to send you folks the info) a dialog came up....system error 1810 has occurred. Description Service is not online application terminates...I have been using Ad-Aware 2007 version 7.0.2.5 because it

only takes about a 3rd as long to run as the 2008 version. I really do like you folks products so I hope you can find and resolve this/these problem...I do understand (to some small degree) the billions of lines of code you must go through as well as all the testing that must be done to solve these problems, so hang in there and do what u can

THANKS VERY MUCH

gamer8

I have the exact same problem as Gamer8. Ad-Aware 2007 was the most reliable product, but now I recieve the same error message after sucessfully sending the error report. The error report appears each time I start my laptop, even after uninstalling Ad-Aware 2007 and manually cleaning out the Lavasoft folder in the application data section.

It appears I cannot ever use Ad-Aware again and the program does not properly clean out the folders during the uninstall. Using Windows XP Professional SP3 and IE 6.0.2900

WCPenquin....I went into...msconfig....start...run...type msconfig....click on the services tab...and uncheck the Ad-Aware

box...this should stop the submit dialog box from coming up, on booting up or reboots or anytime...but Ad-Aware still will not work until the/they fix the problem...I have tryed like some folks to install 2008...but that just brings up deffernt problems. Try SUPERantispyware...it is a free program...or Grisoft's 2008 antivirus software it come's with Anti-Spyware

in it's programing...and is also FREE...and an x a lent product...hope this help's good luck.

gamer8

. About a week or so ago I updated Ad-Aware...with definetion 143.0007...after that

ever update was...143.0007. Ad-Aware would inform me that there was/is a new definetion update do I want to update.

And I would...when I would click on the Status button...it would show that the def was/is 143.0007. This happened about 3 or 4 times...

Gamer 8,

Definition file 143.007 was only made available on the 17th Dec, so I'm not quite sure how that has happened. :S

I really do recommend updating to 2008, it's the only version for which bug fixes will be released, if you have problems then we can try and sort them out for you...

(also FYI a new version of ad-aware is currently being tested - so keep your eyes out next year for that!)

If you don't fancy that, you could try downloading the definition file from the LS website and then manually replacing the one currently stored on your computer. I'll give instructions if you need them.

WCPenguin,

If you try reinstalling ad-aware and then using Revo (a free 3rd party uninstaller) to uninstall ad-aware you will hopefully find this issue will be resolved.

Casey

Edited by casey_boy

couple of days ago when attempting to up Ad-Aware 2007 version 7.0.2.7...this dialog box came up...

unhandled exception

I also have encountered the same problem as reported by Gamer8. I ran an update to 2007 yesterday and immediately got the 'unhandled exception' error. It would appear each time the system started and Ad-Aware would not initialize and run.

I went back to the original 2007 install executable and 'reran' the file. One of the options was to REPAIR the existing installation. I did this... and everything seemed to be OK. BUT... I now cannot do any updates. Each time I choose the Update option from the main status screen OR the Webupdate screen, I get an 'SSL Download Failed' message. My definitions file that got 'reinstalled' is very old..and I need to update it.. but I can't because of the continuing download error.

How can I manually download and install the current definition file?

Also.. the reason for not moving to 2008 was a problem related to 2008 finding and managing tracking cookies with Firefox 3. I was told by support many months ago that they were working on the problem and would inform me when the problem was resolved. Has the problem with 2008 and Firefox 3 been resolved? Can I simply do an update to 2008 to make all these problems with 2007 go away?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

GOlson

GOlson,

The ad-aware 2008/FF3 has not been resolved and probably wont be as it has been resolved in the new version of ad-aware (currently, still under testing). However, that said, it SHOULD NOT be a reason not to upgrade. You can use FF's own settings to prevent tracking cookies being accepted anyway and yes, you may find that it solves this problem for you.

I really do recommend installing 2008 (i will even give you instructions on how to use FF to prevent tracking cookies).

Casey

Edited by casey_boy

Gamer 8,

Definition file 143.007 was only made available on the 17th Dec, so I'm not quite sure how that has happened. :S

I really do recommend updating to 2008, it's the only version for which bug fixes will be released, if you have problems then we can try and sort them out for you...

(also FYI a new version of ad-aware is currently being tested - so keep your eyes out next year for that!)

If you don't fancy that, you could try downloading the definition file from the LS website and then manually replacing the one currently stored on your computer. I'll give instructions if you need them.

WCPenguin,

If you try reinstalling ad-aware and then using Revo (a free 3rd party uninstaller) to uninstall ad-aware you will hopefully find this issue will be resolved.

Casey

I have unistalled 07 from control panel to hard drive to registry all folders with Ad-Aware and or Lavasoft.

and then installed 08...would not update or run/work...so send me the manual instructions...and i'll give that a go.

I even went back to a restore point before the 143.0007 update and still problems. To you folks creating a new version

might be a good idea...but from what i've read in/on the forums the preasent problems need to be addressed and resloved.

It appears that folks are having trouble with both 07 and 08 of verying degrees...BRING BACK SE PERSONAL WITH AUTOMATIC UPDATES

THANKS gamer8

My 2007 adware is generating numerous error messages, something about trying to access the system and Vista windows platform will not permit. Has ran fine for over two years. Suddenly stopped working and will permit me to uninstall it. Still waiting on confirmation from Lavasoft to download 2008 version .

An noying error messages. Someone help!?!

Thank you.

I have unistalled 07 from control panel to hard drive to registry all folders with Ad-Aware and or Lavasoft.

and then installed 08...would not update or run/work...

Hi,

Would not update or work? In what way would it not work? Were errors produced?

for help with manually updating, please see here: http://www.lavasoft.com/cms/support/faqs/i...hat-should-i-do

Casey

Sign in to follow this