Sign in to follow this  
ckimagesuk

ColinKelly's own new topic: AAW Pro 2007?

I am having problems with Ad Aware Pro 2007, A program i am trying to install requires AAW Pro 2007 to be uninstalled, however i cannot find it in Control panel add/remove programs or anywhere on the pc. Help, this is driving me mad

NP ;)

The prog i want to install is McAfee Total Protection. I have searched for AAW Pro 07 in the registry and in windows search and there is no sign of either AAW or Lavasoft. I have even run CCleaner, Short of formatting my HDD i don't know where else to look.

hmm ...

download and install Windows Installer CleanUp Utility ( Freeware by M$ )

use the link in my sig. <<>> W.I.C.U

Run Wicu and delete all AAW references.

Navigate to Documents and Settings/All Users ( User name)/Application Data/Lavasoft

and delete the entire folder.

Hit WIN +<R> -- type 'cleanmgr' -- enter -- drive 'C' -- enter/ok -- check Temporary Files/Temporary Internet Files/

Recycle Bin -- run -- reboot.

This should solve the problem.

Regards

Raziel

Sorry for the delay, i have been away. Unfortunately everything you suggested has failed to eliminate the problem. Is there a free e-mail address for Lavasoft that i can use, or should i try installing AdAware 2008 and then uninstal it? I am at my wits end now, slowly losing the plot.

Thought i had hit a winner,done everything that was suggested and found a hidden Lavasoft file, deleted it. Restarted pc. Tried to install Total Protection and failed again. Screen shot attached

post-65430-1231520270.jpg

Sign in to follow this