Sign in to follow this  
dream

That same uninstall problem

I've read so many other posts with this problem but I still can't get it solved with the advice I've seen so far. First I had the Interactive Services Dialog Detection pop up which I could only get rid of by disabling it in my control panel. Using Vista as my OS.

Then I tried to uninstall adaware 2007 and got an error saying I didn't have permission to do so. I went through the other steps I saw here, tried to delete it in program files and again denied permission. I enabled hidden folders to delete the data folder and that deleted with no problem. But then when I tried again to delete the program file, I was told once more I don't have permission.

I know you've all gone over this so many times but I'm just feeling so frustrated I don't know what to do next. Thanks.

Edited by dream

Same as "dream", I've been watching advice on this site in an attempt to sort out the situation with adaware2007 but none of it works.

Could somebody please explain how you can shut down a programme that refuses to open and instead only causes Vista to generate error messages, or how to get rid of a programme that refuses to uninstall via the Control Panel?

I didn't upgrade to 2008 because there were conflicts, which still haven't been resolved, and I feel similar frustration to Lee88 because nobody seems willing to fix something, neither Lavasoft nor M$, and us with problems seem a bit abandoned.

I know the software I'm using is free, so maybe shouldn't expect too much, but I use Firefox which is also free - they seem to be very willing to fix bugs.

Sign in to follow this