Sign in to follow this  
gotaro

Ad-Aware SE Personal, Built 1.06r1

I've been downloading updates for my Ad-Aware SE Personal, Built 1.06r1, but notice there have not been any updates since 12/29/08.

Will download/updates still be available?

Or must I delete AdAware after a very long relationship?

Alice

Edited by gotaro

I've been downloading updates for my Ad-Aware SE Personal, Built 1.06r1, but notice there have not been any updates since 12/29/08.

Alice

What operating system are you using Alice? If it's 2000, XP or Vista, then do as casey says, and upgrade to Ad-Aware 2008. If you're still running 98/ME then get back to me, and I'll give you your options!! :)

Looks like there was an manual definitions upgrade for SE today, but other people appear to have had problems with it...........

Edited by Jaheira

Hi,

Manual updates are still available for SE, as you seem to be aware however these are not on as great a frequency as the 2007/8 updates. Especially over the Christmas break. We would, however, recommend that you upgrade to a newer version ASAP.

Alice

Check my previous post. I tried installing the latest definitions and my SE Personal locks up my computer. It appears you and I will have to remove this version and install 2008 to use Ad-Aware in future.

Zeigbot, check my reply to you in the previous post you commented in (and maybe reply so the situation can be more accurately assessed!!).

Manual definitions have only worked with 2000/XP/Vista since last May, so I suspect you're running one of these. If so, then maybe the latest manual update is corrupted (as has happened several times before) and you'll need to wait for the next one to become available later in the week.

If you're running 2000/XP/Vista, then there's absolutely no reason for you not to upgrade to Ad-Aware 2008 (and a 1001 good reasons to do so!!). But if you really have to stick with SE, then the update you commented upon is probably corrupted and the next update will probably resolve the problem (as has happened before!!).

Zeigbot, check my reply to you in the previous post you commented in (and maybe reply so the situation can be more accurately assessed!!).

If you're running 2000/XP/Vista, then there's absolutely no reason for you not to upgrade to Ad-Aware 2008 (and a 1001 good reasons to do so!!). But if you really have to stick with SE, then the update you commented upon is probably corrupted and the next update will probably resolve the problem (as has happened before!!).

There is areason for NOT upgradeing to 2008...read the forums...and all the problems folks are having with it...

2007 was very good until definetion 143.0007...then came the...unhandled exception problems as well as other problems

SE Personal was the best...LAVASOFT...take a hint...bring back the automactic updates for SE Personal Build 1.06r1...

you do not need a new skin or new look to have a good product...gamer8...out

There is areason for NOT upgradeing to 2008...read the forums...and all the problems folks are having with it...

2007 was very good until definetion 143.0007...then came the...unhandled exception problems as well as other problems

SE Personal was the best...LAVASOFT...take a hint...bring back the automactic updates for SE Personal Build 1.06r1...

gamer8, SE is 2 and soon to be 3 generations out of date and therefore completely unsupported. It simply isn't able to deal with threats from newer malware. Therefore there is absolutely no reason not to upgrade to a newer version unless, of course, you're using an older OS. The problems you mention with 2007 and 2008 can be negated by the fact that there have been problems (with the current definitions for example) with SE.

Nostalgia won't protect your machine from malware!

Edited by Jaheira

That might be because only people having problems feel the need to post in the support forums? :D

I too am a SE hold out, and I know 4 others who are as well, I know it's old but I have never had any problems with it, I have 3 computers that use it still along with AVG8.0 for security, for me it's still good enough for a secondary scanner to back up AVG, there for I am very greatful to who ever continues to make these updates avalable for me and my friends who still use it.

Thanks and please keep the updates coming

p.s. I find that new updates for SE are released on monday/tuesday and on fridays.

Sign in to follow this