• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JillB

AdAware 2008 won't launch

4 posts in this topic

Hello. I've been running AdAware for several years now, first on XP and now on Vista (Home). I updated to version 2008 when it came out and ran it successfully until today. Today, though, I updated the program as usual, and it indicated that there was a new version (.0144, I believe), which I allowed it to install. After the installation, however, AdAware refused to launch when I clicked on the icon. Absolutely nothing happened. Thinking that I might have a corrupt installation, I uninstalled the entire application, downloaded a fresh copy and installed that. It automatically searched for updates during the installation process, and the result was the same as before: AdAware will not launch. I get no error message, simply nothing happens. Do you have any suggestions for me? Thank you in advance.