Sign in to follow this  
Kaiwyn

Updates not downloading

Have you run a scan with AVG recently? If not, please do so as this could possibly be malware related.

Let me know the results,

Casey

I run the program and my system is Adware (and Spyware or virus free) I keep getting that the updates will not download. It gets to 5% and I get "Error Retrieving Update" as well as Installed Definitions file SE1R163 26.03.2007 and Installed Core Application 1.06r1 Personal.

I have tried uninstalling, re-downloading and a fresh install. I alsi ran Winsock. It just won't update. (see attachment)

post-66242-1232123483.jpg

Ad-Aware SE is an old programme and no longer supported. You should upgrade to 2008 as soon as possible. If you are unable to do this you should consider looking for another security solution (Spybot S&D still maintains support for older operating systems AFAIK).

The only way to update SE now is by manually downloading the definition files. These can be obtained from here - http://www.lavasoft.com/support/securitycenter/blog/ (green blob on the right hand side that says "Ad-Aware SE").

Hope this helps. :)

You should do as Godders says and upgrade to Ad-Aware 2008, as long as you're running Windows 2000/XP/Vista. If you're using an older operating system then your best bet is either:-

If you are running one of the newer operating systems, then you can manually download the latest definitions file from the url Godders gives (you'll have to unzip the file into the Ad-Aware SE directory manually), if you wish to continue using Ad-Aware SE. But this isn't an option if you're still using Windows 98/ME since the definitions file hasn't worked with either since last May. In this case you'll need to migrate to one of the alternative products I stated above.

What I'm most intrigued about in this thread, is the picture on your desktop hidden by the Ad-Aware SE update applet !!!!!

Edited by Jaheira

Sign in to follow this