Sign in to follow this  
oldad

Loading defilitions

It depends what you mean by 'loading definitions'. Is it doing an update or commencing a scan? Please clarify.

It depends what you mean by 'loading definitions'. Is it doing an update or commencing a scan? Please clarify.

Thanks for the fast reply Peter:

When I click on the desktop for Adaware , a small box(window) titled Adaware opens and at the bottom is "Loading definitions

This remains for some 40-60 seconds and then the regular Adaware window opens.

I seem to remember having read somewhere that this delaly in loading definitions is caused by the great number of continuing new definitions, however this doesn't sound right because the other Spyware, and security programs : Spysweeper, Kaspersky,Windows Defender and Malware , etc etc do not have the same delay problem in opening the main page.

Best regards

If you are running AAW 2008 that is quite normal. I have the same. If you decide to upgrade to AAW Anniversary it will be different as the whole GUI (interface ) is different as is the engine that drives it.

Hope that answers your question.

If you are running AAW 2008 that is quite normal. I have the same. If you decide to upgrade to AAW Anniversary it will be different as the whole GUI (interface ) is different as is the engine that drives it.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks Peter,

It does ,and I appreciate the info which clear up my question

Best Regards,

oldad

Sign in to follow this