Sign in to follow this  
rafford

Conflicts with McAfee Virusscan latest (31 07 2006) version

Latest McAfee Download Manager (new feature) found my Ad-aware program and refused to load Virusscan, claiming Adaware was incompatible with it. In order to have virus scanning in operation I have had to uninstall Ad-Aware.

Is anything being done by either party to sort this out?

I presume Ad-Aware has already been made aware of the issue?

Here is an entire thread talking about this. I thought you might be interested in it. :)

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...7&hl=McAfee

My personal preference would be to get rid of McAfee and get AVG, and KEEP Ad-Aware SE. Ad-Aware is too good of a product in my humble opinion to not use it. Not to mention that you have to pay for McAfee and AVG is better in my opinion and it is FREE. hehehe

But that is just MY opinion. :)

Here is an entire thread talking about this. I thought you might be interested in it. :)

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...7&hl=McAfee

My personal preference would be to get rid of McAfee and get AVG, and KEEP Ad-Aware SE. Ad-Aware is too good of a product in my humble opinion to not use it. Not to mention that you have to pay for McAfee and AVG is better in my opinion and it is FREE. hehehe

But that is just MY opinion. :)

My personal preference is also to keep Ad-Aware and get rid of McAfee Anti-Virus but unfortunatly I am in the computer service business and need it, at least for now. We choose to use McAfee over AVG because we get systems in with AVG that have infections. We have 3 scanning servers that are kept busy cleaning viruses from hard drives that were using AVG, Norton, Freedom, etc. but almost never on a system using McAfee. I am hopeful McAfee will patch the incompatibility.

My personal preference is also to keep Ad-Aware and get rid of McAfee Anti-Virus but unfortunatly I am in the computer service business and need it, at least for now. We choose to use McAfee over AVG because we get systems in with AVG that have infections. We have 3 scanning servers that are kept busy cleaning viruses from hard drives that were using AVG, Norton, Freedom, etc. but almost never on a system using McAfee. I am hopeful McAfee will patch the incompatibility.

Thank you for the very prompt helpful suggestions provided by a number of you.

I uninstalled Ad-Aware, installed Virusscan with the latest McAfee Download Manager, which had caused the incompatability issue, and then re-installed Ad-aware SE from the Lavasoft site.

They both now seem to be running ok....weird!

Sign in to follow this