Sign in to follow this  
stenews

Anniversary Edition can be called AAW-2009?

Hi to everyone! :rolleyes:

I'm a AAW-2008 user and I'd like to upgrade to the Anniversary Edition.

First off, I'd like to know if it's the 2009 version of AAW or just a celebration release.

I mean...usually the AAW guys give us the possibility to make an upgrade for free of our previous product version.

Now it does not seem possible to do that.

Hope to receive some explanations.

Bye and thanks in advantage.

Stefano.

Hi to everyone! :rolleyes:

I'm a AAW-2008 user and I'd like to upgrade to the Anniversary Edition.

First off, I'd like to know if it's the 2009 version of AAW or just a celebration release.

I mean...usually the AAW guys give us the possibility to make an upgrade for free of our previous product version.

Now it does not seem possible to do that.

Hope to receive some explanations.

Bye and thanks in advantage.

Stefano.

It is the 2009 version of adaware

as fars as updating goes this is from ls_erin

Remember, if you have a valid Ad-Aware Plus or Pro license, update to the new version free of charge through the Lavasoft Support Center. Follow these three easy steps:

1. Log-in to the Support Center and download Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition from the download link option in the “Your Licenses†menu.

2. Start the installation. The previous version (Ad-Aware 2008) will be automatically uninstalled before installing Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition.

3. Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition will recognize your previous license information and the Plus or Pro features will be activated automatically when the program is started.

hope that helps.

Edited by yxxxx
fixed quotes Doh!

It is the 2009 version of adaware

as fars as updating goes this is from ls_erin

hope that helps.

Hi yxxxx and thanks for your reply!

I'm worried about the fact that I can mess up my system during the installation process.

I mean, I don't like to start an installation procedure before to have properly uninstalled the previous version of it.

Is it safe?

Bye and thanks again.

Stefano.

Edited by stenews

well installing any software has a risk attached to it.

I personally havent had any problems with installs or uninstalls its certainly always worth having backups. I would suggest that at the very least you create a restore point before you do anything.

At the end of the day its up to you.

well installing any software has a risk attached to it.

I personally havent had any problems with installs or uninstalls its certainly always worth having backups. I would suggest that at the very least you create a restore point before you do anything.

At the end of the day its up to you.

you're 100% right about that mate!

I'll follow you advice for sure and I'll make an Acronis image before to start the installation procedure.

Bye and thanks again!

Stefano.