• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dotbowels

ADMIN_CLASS_LIB.dll not found reinstalling may fix the problem

11 posts in this topic

Since i installed adware this AM got this message : ADMIN_CLASS_LIB.dll not found reinstalling may fix the problem

Went to Acer and checked cant find for Acer 4530 Notebook?

Any suggestions ? Thanks Dorothy

Hi,

What version of ad-aware are you trying to install (07/08/AE) and what type (free/plus/pro) and then what operating system are you using (XP/Vista)?

Casey

Hi,

What version of ad-aware are you trying to install (07/08/AE) and what type (free/plus/pro) and then what operating system are you using (XP/Vista)?

Casey

Just putting in my 2 cents worth.

I believe the ADMIN_CLASS_LIB.dll belongs to the eDSloader.exe program that comes optional as part of the 'Acer Empowering Suite" on Acer computers. It is the optional part of the suite that can be downloaded and installed to encrypt files.

Here is the download link to the program http://www.egistec.com/oem-acer001/

My ad-aware quarantined the program so now I am getting the same errors on start up of my computer.

I am going to try and uninstall the Egis Pack and will let you know if I have any problems.

I believe she installed the ad-aware fine, but then after it did it's initial scan it quarantined or user deleted those files.

Here was my original ad-aware scan results:

Description: c:\windows\system32\psdutil.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Description: c:\windows\system32\showerrmsg.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Description: c:\windows\system32\batchcrypto.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Description: c:\windows\system32\admin_class_lib.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Description: C:\Windows\Acer.scr Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Success Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Description: C:\Windows\System32\ADMIN_CLASS_LIB.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Description: C:\Windows\System32\BatchCrypto.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Description: C:\Windows\System32\PSDUtil.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Description: C:\Windows\System32\ShowErrMsg.dll Family Name: Suspicious Object Clean status: Reboot required Item ID: 0 Family ID: 0

Edited by Demerol

Thanks Demerol,

If dotbowels reads this then please confirm if this is the case.

Demerol, could you please post in the false positives if you think ad-aware has deleted a legitimate item and it will get removed from the detection database.

Casey

I can certainly confirm that admin_class_lib.dll could possibly be part of the ****ware acer preinstall on their systems - I have it on mine, and AAW detects it, and mine is an acer system, however of interesting note the default action in my AAW is to "Allow once" not "Quarantine".

I just lost this file a second time, after reinstalling from a fresh download from acer. The first time, I changed it from recommended (who knows) to quarantine, but then when I found it gone, there was no way to un-quarantine it,, as it was lost in an anonymous list of many files quarantined. How do I stop the removal?

Thanks Demerol,

If dotbowels reads this then please confirm if this is the case.

Demerol, could you please post in the false positives if you think ad-aware has deleted a legitimate item and it will get removed from the detection database.

Casey

Will do.

This is to say, that in addition to attacking an innocent file, the quarantine feature is not working right, as I cannot remove it from quarantine., as I cannot identify it. I am using the free anniversary version freshly downloaded.

David

I just lost this file a second time, after reinstalling from a fresh download from acer. The first time, I changed it from recommended (who knows) to quarantine, but then when I found it gone, there was no way to un-quarantine it,, as it was lost in an anonymous list of many files quarantined. How do I stop the removal?

It's safe.

Just add it to ignore or ignore it manually each time.

tbh I doubt you're really gonna miss it if it's gone anway... unless you use the acer utility you could just uninstall that.

Except that it's a heuristic detection (or perhaps behaviour based, I can't remember) so it isn't on the database in the first place.

(sorry if this reply is far from polite, I'm tired and should probably be in bed :P)

Lacking a time mqachine to go back to the first detection, I took all the unnamed files out of quarantine and scanned again. I started marking them ignore, but the gui is stuck in allow once for the last, 6th item, showerrmsg.dll, so I suppose I have to scan again t get to choose.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0