• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goughf

Connection error, check your settings

1 post in this topic

I have two computers, both with Ad-Adware free Anniversary Edition installed, both being updated at least twice a week, a day or so of each other. Both computers run idential XP operating systems and McAfee Internet Security.

Both computers are connected through the same network with a Linksys router. All other access to the internet works perfectly.

The laptop, which I use 20% of the time is fully able to connect to LavaSoft and get updates.

The desktop, which I use 80% of the time receives an immediate "connection error, check your settings." It does not even get a chance to access the internet.

Any ideas on why I cannot connect? Any chance spyware is involved?

Thanks for your help!

Mod. Edit. Duplicate topic. Please only post your topic once. Closed. Casey

Edited by casey_boy